Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

The two were sold to me when they were a few days old as Ameracauna's. Then I was told by some one they were Easter Egger's. Any opinions on what they are for sure? I fugred some one on this site would know
Very clearly visible yellow skin under the slate 'wash' of the legs, and non-standard colors mean they are most certainly Easter Eggers. The vast majority of birds sold as "Ameraucana" are actually Easter Eggers and not the recognized breed at all.

3 weeks is still young enough to add in some young chicks without too much pecking order stuff going on. 
What do they use to make their Olive Eggers? My husband gets my chicken stuff confused all the time. That's why I tell him now to just direct people to me, I don't want accidental false info getting out.

I have quite a few olive eggers. They are made when you cross a brown egg layer with a blue egg layer. Most commonly black copper maran roosters with ameraucana hens. :)

I have quite a few olive eggers. They are made when you cross a brown egg layer with a blue egg layer. Most commonly black copper maran roosters with ameraucana hens.
smile.png
I know the how of it, I meant those breeders that she got the chicks from specifically. If they're using feather footed varieties or something she can check her chicks to see if they have any oddities that could identify them as OEs instead of just Black Ameraucanas.

I know the how of it, I meant those breeders that she got the chicks from specifically. If they're using feather footed varieties or something she can check her chicks to see if they have any oddities that could identify them as OEs instead of just Black Ameraucanas.

Mine do have feathered feet. Mine seem to have mostly the black copper maran traits although a few have the size and fluffy cheeks of the ameracauna. Most ofmine are not bearded though.

3 weeks is still young enough to add in some young chicks without too much pecking order stuff going on. 
What do they use to make their Olive Eggers? My husband gets my chicken stuff confused all the time. That's why I tell him now to just direct people to me, I don't want accidental false info getting out.

Copper marans & ameraucanas to make olive eggers. I guess I could get more chicks but my husband will think I've totally lost it. If these 2 are girls I'll be one over our limit for town, but then again I've never seen the chicken police. My concern is just the size of our coop and my chicken math

I wouldn't call it white, it's a faint yellow. But I'm new to this breed or whatever it's gonna be
[/URL]
Do you see any brownish red tint on it's head or back anywhere? It's quite possible it could be an EE if they breed EE's. Just the fact that they can't tell a blue from a black makes me question it.

Back
Top Bottom