Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I think that chick is younger. Are you sure it's four to seven weeks? Maybe it's one of those late feathering ones. It is normal to see yellow to white down in that pattern on chicks, but by four weeks that is usually almost gone.
That chick is tiny. Just look at the size compared to the petunia. A 7 week old chick would be much larger, and more feathered. Probably closer to about 3 weeks old.

I think that chick is younger.  Are you sure it's four to seven weeks?  Maybe it's one of those late feathering ones.  It is normal to see yellow to white down in that pattern on chicks, but by four weeks that is usually almost gone. 

I had some blues and blacks shipped in from Paul last month. They will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. I'll take some pictures of them today for comparison.
1f60a.png

I vote splash wheaten cockerel. If you plan to keep him, there is a splash wheaten group on FB that you should join! They are currently working on trying to get that color approved.

I wish I had the space to keep him! Splash is my favorite, but he's got to go so I can keep a Chocolate boy. Someday I'll have the room....someday I'll have all the Ameraucanas!

Except Buff.....not a fan of them in any breed.

I wish I had the space to keep him! Splash is my favorite, but he's got to go so I can keep a Chocolate boy. Someday I'll have the room....someday I'll have all the Ameraucanas!

I know what you mean. Right now my focus is on wheaten/blue wheaten/splash wheaten, whites, self blue/lavender, and most recently blue/black/splash. The only color variety I can rule out for my future is silvers, but then again, my mind could always change tomorrow. Lol!
1f600.png
I think I would prefer to stick with what I have now, and to continue working on perfecting those instead of pursuing additional colors.

Also, you may be able to post your location on the splash wheaten group on FB and find a buyer that route if someone is close by. There are several people that are currently trying to grow the number of splash wheatens in their flocks. Splash wheatens are also beneficial in making pretty blue wheatens (wheaten x splash wheaten matings).

I know what you mean. Right now my focus is on wheaten/blue wheaten/splash wheaten, whites, self blue/lavender, and most recently blue/black/splash. The only color variety I can rule out for my future is silvers, but then again, my mind could always change tomorrow. Lol!
1f600.png
I think I would prefer to stick with what I have now, and to continue working on perfecting those instead of pursuing additional colors.
I'm trying to focus on making chocolate Wheaten and then b/b/s/choc/mauve, possibly doing both of those in the silkie variety as well, if I can get a choc or mauve silkied bird from a hatch my friend did.

Also, you may be able to post your location on the splash wheaten group on FB and find a buyer that route if someone is close by. There are several people that are currently trying to grow the number of splash wheatens in their flocks. Splash wheatens are also beneficial in making pretty blue wheatens (wheaten x splash wheaten matings).
I will do that, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom