Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Well, as soon as I put the LF ameraucana hens in with the big chocolate male, they stopped laying.........
idunno.gif

I already already working on the bantams though.

pips&peeps :

Quote:
Well, as soon as I put the LF ameraucana hens in with the big chocolate male, they stopped laying.........
idunno.gif

I already already working on the bantams though.

Did you see the pic of Lavern I posted? I love this bird. I need more like her too.​

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

Yep, she looks nice. Has pretty good feather quality, but she looks a bit small. Do you know what her weight is?

It might be the pic. She's pretty good sized, but I'll have to figure out a way to weigh her. She's bigger than my Shaffer Cockerel, so I was thinking she's doing good.​

My silver hens (who have been prolific layers) stopped laying when I moved them next door to the new group of Silvers that I brought home from Indy.... I think the girls are protesting the new additions in Silver!!!

I want LF Chocolates too!! Can't wait
fl.gif

Muggsmagee, what did you see that makes you say he's not a true Ameraucana? I must be missing something.

AVH, HappyMtn is correct. The black tipped hackles should not be there. Also, there appears to be some deformity in the comb but am unable to see for sure. Eye color could be a bit better. I'd try to get rid of the white fluff at base of tail. And finally, it looks like he may hold his wings too low but that could just be the way he's standing in this picture.

On the plus side, he's got a real nice beard and real nice earlobes. Having said that, I would not use him for breeding unless I had to. Given that, there are plenty of sources for BW eggs, chicks, or adults. Btw, where did you get him from?

Just FYI, I'm not trying to be critical for the sake of being critical. Just trying to provide you with what I think you asked for. If it were my bird, that's what I would want someone to tell me.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom