sealskin

Chirping
Jul 3, 2020
A friend purchased some "easter eggers" in the spring. The females look just like blue ameraucanas to me. The one rooster is gorgeous with blue/slate legs and a rose comb - almost looks to be wheaten blue in color. I'm curious, did this friend actually get blue ameraucanas or just some good looking easter eggers?
Hen.jpg
rooster.jpg
rooster2.jpg
rooster3_roseComb.png

Easter egger are essentially a bird laying blue or green eggs. The side cheek tuffs suggest there is americauna in them and the egg would be blue but if it’s half Americana mixed with any brown egger it would lay green. So my assessment is definatly Americana in there but might lay green instead of blue.

Easter egger are essentially a bird laying blue or green eggs. The side cheek tuffs suggest there is americauna in them and the egg would be blue but if it’s half Americana mixed with any brown egger it would lay green. So my assessment is definatly Americana in there but might lay green instead of blue.
Americauna = EE.
Ameraucana = real thing.
But ANYTHING sold by a feed store or hatchery with either of those names is almost 100% an EE.

Your right. My point being is if it’s Americuana then it’s a decendant of Araucana which is the original blue egg layer. Americuana is an actual breed that lays blue because it’s Araucana mixed with any white layer. But if that Americuana was mixed with any brown egger it will lay green. Hatcherys do try to confuse people. I’ve even been sold Americana’s ( no u in it ) and they were Easter eggers. But Easter eggers have a chance of laying blue eggs from the Araucana game gene or a green egg from and olive egger which is the blue gene mixed with brown. Regardless 90 percent chance of blue or green eggs so yes technically an Easter egger but I do think the bird has Americuana in it

Your right. My point being is if it’s Americuana then it’s a decendant of Araucana which is the original blue egg layer. Americuana is an actual breed that lays blue because it’s Araucana mixed with any white layer. But if that Americuana was mixed with any brown egger it will lay green. Hatcherys do try to confuse people. I’ve even been sold Americana’s ( no u in it ) and they were Easter eggers. But Easter eggers have a chance of laying blue eggs from the Araucana game gene or a green egg from and olive egger which is the blue gene mixed with brown. Regardless 90 percent chance of blue or green eggs so yes technically an Easter egger but I do think the bird has Americuana in it
Americana = EE,
Ameraucana = the name of the pure breed.

Back
Top Bottom