Ameraucanas

There are Lavenders in the new APA SOP. I showed some in Lucasville, OH in 2003 when they were accepted. Tom

I sincerely doubt the APA will be "on board" with using the term "lavender". Perhaps there are members willling to help you find a way around it??? So far, there are NO "lavender" birds in the SOP as far as I know.
hmm.png

Seems silly to me to be so stuck on a word when everyone else uses "self-blue".
idunno.gif

directly off the breed club site:

What are Easter Egg chickens?
The Ameraucana Breeders Club defines an Easter Egg chicken or Easter Egger as any chicken that possesses the blue egg gene, but doesn’t fully meet any breed descriptions as defined in the APA and/or ABA standards. Further, even if a bird meets an Ameraucana standard breed description, but doesn’t meet a variety description or breed true at least 50% of the time it is considered an Easter Egg chicken.

~ even if a bird meets an Ameraucana standard breed description, but doesn’t meet a variety description: ei the coloriation its an ee

~ breed true at least 50% of the time: must breed true 50% of the time and if the chickens do not then they are ee's

Last edited:
Looking for a source of good Wheaten/Blue Wheaten chicks this spring. Would like to buy 25 or so straight run. I've had Easter Eggers before and love them, but would like to try some good quality true Ameraucaunas.

Thanks,

Becky in Nodak

Back
Top Bottom