Ameraucauna/EE - Roo?

Eckielady

Songster
Feb 12, 2017
East Tennessee
So I bought three chicks a few weeks back from a local breeder here. One barnyard mix, one ameraucauna and one EE. I could swear this one was the Ameraucauna but he has green legs. Hmmm!!
He is a snotty little critter already and I'm assuming it's a cockerel? Opinions? He's right about 7 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_1386.JPG
    IMG_1386.JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    469.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    543.7 KB · Views: 9
IMG_4358.JPG
IMG_4362.JPG
IMG_4365.JPG
Ok, so I promised two red Cochins to a fellow 4Her, they were sexed so I felt comfortable handing non roosters over to her. Now I'm wondering if this is a Roo? They are about 6-7 weeks now.

So I bought three chicks a few weeks back from a local breeder here. One barnyard mix, one ameraucauna and one EE. I could swear this one was the Ameraucauna but he has green legs. Hmmm!!
He is a snotty little critter already and I'm assuming it's a cockerel? Opinions? He's right about 7 weeks.
That's an Easter Egger pullet.
View attachment 556661 View attachment 556662 View attachment 556664 Ok, so I promised two red Cochins to a fellow 4,Her, they were sexed so I felt comfortable handing non roosters over to her. Now I'm wondering if this is a Roo? They are about 6-7 weeks now.
You're right, thats a cockerel.

Hmm, well attitude aside I'm not sure if she gave me the wrong chick or if I mixed these two up. For the life of me I can't wrap my head around how I would have mixed them up but when I noticed green legs.....well!!! I'll have to take a picture of the other one and see if it's an ee or an ameraucauna. It does have the slate legs.

Oh, I remember now. I KNOW I didn't mix them up. The breeder must have. Grrr!!! I will be back with a pic of the other one.

I wonder if her ameraucauna are really ameraucauna.

Back
Top Bottom