Ameraucauna? EE?

watersoflethe

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Corona/Mira Loma CA
i saw some chicks in the feed store being advertised as ameraucaunas....
i know that usually these are EEs but they didn't look like my EE at all.
For one they didn't have the signature green legs...

does anyone have some chick pictures of ameraucaunas? i would greatly appreciate it if you can help me out and post them. thank you.

EEs can have any color legs and any color feathers and pretty much any anything. Since they are basically mutts there is no signature as there is no breed standard. I would imagine that they are probably EEs if it s a tsc or feed store. They get theirs from hatcherys usually. Did you happen to ask anyone in the feed store?

Feed stores = EEs... Only way to get AMs is through a breeder that breeds to standard... And even then you must be careful because, like a local lady here, she thought she had AMs because she bought hers from another local person that probably got hers from our TSC as AMs. And TSC doesn't know the difference, they're just there to sell them. So I told the first lady the whole reason why hers were EEs. She wasn't too upset as they all laid blue/blue green eggs and that was what she wanted anyway.

Cthrash1 is right. The only way to get real Ameraucanas is through a breeder........anytime you order "Americanas" from a hatchery, or get some from a feed store, you're getting EEs.

Back
Top Bottom