Ameraucauna problem,

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Parkourpeep, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Parkourpeep

Parkourpeep Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2015
    Hello I am new to BYC, hope you are all having a good day [​IMG] but I have a problem, one of my ameraucauna pulleys is having a rough time, she is always tired she sways sometimes and lays down a lot, she does eat and drink her water and she likes to follow her friends to go forage or go up to the coop at night, but she is really skinny and has no fat on her, she also falls over a lot and is really quiet. If you could give an answer it would be deeply appreciated, also her droppings seem to be normal and not a different color,

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How long has she been like this? Any chance you would take her to a vet? She sounds like she is seriously ill. Birds try to hide that so predators won't pick them out as dinner.

You can post in full detail at " emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures." thread. She sounds seriously compromised maybe by worms, lice, mites, or a combination of them. What do you feed your birds? Has she been laying? Is she in molt? Surely other flock members have been observing her - do they bully here, or keep her from eating/drinking, her fill?

You are offline so we have NO WAY to reach you even if we knew of a cure. I would guess, your next post will tell us she has died.

3. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yes, please post in the emergencies thread.

4. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

5. Parkourpeep

Oct 20, 2015
    I went outside to check this morning, and she's still there but barely hanging on, poor girl, anyway I isolated her in case the others are picking at her and from what I've observed, she is a not terminally ill, I'm pretty sure she has no lice, mites, or etc. but just in case, what do you use to treat external and internal parasites? She is not laying as of yet, and she eats Dumor grower crumble, could her feed be the problem? Also, if you could give some instructions about posting this to the illness pages, that would be a great help [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

8. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC (although I wish it were under better circumstances)

Here is a link to get you to the emergency forum:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I hope your girl will be ok.

9. Parkourpeep

Oct 20, 2015
    Thank you have a egg filled day[​IMG]!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by