American Game questions

Quote:
haha yep, thanks anyway though lol

And do you think by some chance if I did get some of those that are the Silver Gingers, couldnt I probably breed a Pumpkin Hulsey roo on those Silver Ginger hens and maybe get some Ginger Red looking offspring, or the pullets at least ? I got a pair of Greenfire Hulseys becuase a friend gave them too me and I know you've all heard about GFs Hulseys and I think its probably going to be true since a little buff orp pullet has already kicked the roos butt. He is still young though but right now I just like the color and if I decide to breed Hulseys by some chance, then I will get better lines that are actually game.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep, Silver Gingers, I just found this vid of them
and you're right I do like them better than most. So were can I get some eggs from these or is this another one of your pranks by posting something you know I'm gonna want but probably wont find ?

I cant recall the guys name in N Ga that bred these, where I got mine from..I'll look back through some older magazines and see if I can find his name..Back in the day I rubbed elbows with the likes of Hugh Norman, Blondy Rolan, Curtis Blackwell and others, But I lost touch with all the gamefowl breeders about 15 years ago

Quote:
and you're right I do like them better than most. So were can I get some eggs from these or is this another one of your pranks by posting something you know I'm gonna want but probably wont find ?

I cant recall the guys name in N Ga that bred these, where I got mine from..I'll look back through some older magazines and see if I can find his name..Back in the day I rubbed elbows with the likes of Hugh Norman, Blondy Rolan, Curtis Blackwell and others, But I lost touch with all the gamefowl breeders about 15 years ago

Ok thanks, see if you can rub some more elbows and get me a cheap hookup, lol thanks again for the info though.

Quote:

Look up Ultimatefowl, when you find it... Go to the Breeders Index. After that scroll down until you see "Blackbird gamefarm." The guys screenname is brent0307. He is in Western Tennesee, I talked to him about the Redmonds awhile back. Still would like to get some eventually, we'll see. He isn't that much, think he told me about 100, 150 or so shipped to me for a pair.

-Daniel

Quote:
Do you have a pic of the Ginger roo ? And is this a Ginger Red or Silver Ginger. ? I would like to eventually have Brown Reds, Pumkin Hulseys, Greys, and Silver Gingers but I dont know where to get Silver Gingers. Anyone know where I can get some affordable eggs ?

Here is my Ginger, not a pure ginger, but like I said I got him from a farm with free ranging Games. He's just coming out of molt and also decided it was a good idea to take on my 40 lb Gobbler so he is thin right now in his hackles. He's been a great rooster and I haven't seen many Games with Walnut Combs.

Tito2.jpg

Here's my Brown Breasted Brown Red, he is only six months old and really shaping up. I've heard quite a few different opinions on when to dub, but I will give him to spring before he gets dubbed.

DSC00754.jpg

Back
Top Bottom