American Gamefowl Thread!!!!

I have a ten month old stag that is on the skinny side is there any thing you recommend for me to feed him so I can get him fatter but keep his muscle

this is a better pic of my stag.
what do yall think?

I have a ten month old stag that is on the skinny side is there any thing you recommend for me to feed him so I can get him fatter but keep his muscle
game cocks are not big birds in general.... they will never get fat like a RIR or anything its just not in their genetics. they in general are slim muscular birds. but as for helping him gain weight as well as keep the muscle. deworm him.... give him electrolytes like you would give chicks and game cock scratch... you can get it at co op. you want muscle. put him in a fly pen.

I just took him out of the pen. his hen has 5 eggs in the nest now. im going to give him a break for a while then put him in a different pen with a younger hen. both hens look to be wheaten. anyone know or have pics of what that cross would look like?

I dont think you can force a hen to incubate her eggs its like tryn to force somone to poop plus why eould you want to force her ? A hen only sets if she feels ready she needs to be in tip top shape If its a wheaten hen and. That rooster you'll proly get some grey an some red stags and pullets becouse that rooster already is a cross so you wont get concistentcy on the offspring

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom