American Gamefowl Thread!!!!

OHHHH such a tease you are......tell the world what you got and no pictures!!
th.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif
gig.gif

Quote:

I want to start breeding american game bantams, but there's one thing. I want to breed solely for peacombs when the standard calls for straight. They already come in both forms and they'll still be american games. But do any of you see something wrong with this? The reason is that I don't want to have to deal with dubbing my birds but I wouldn't have an option with a straight comb as they'll freeze where I live.

thanks

the American Game bantam is a different breed than the American Game largefowl. The AG bantams were developed just for show, using pit fowl, junglefowl, and probably some Old English bantams. Therefore they have their own strict standard with the blue legs and straight combs. In the end, I say breed what you like though, afterall you are the one who has to feed them. I show my Morgan Whitehackles as Spangles in the American Game largefowl class, even though technically they aren't perfect and are genetically wrong to classify as proper Spangles (which are b.b. red based rather than wheaten, which is what my Morgans are.)

have you been to oakridge gamebirds? i'm not sure if they have the bantam forms but they have a lot of gamebird links. do you know of any good modern game bantam sites?
hope you find what you are looking for.

you are right hatch have green legs but mine came from a mixture of pinnon hatch which have yellow legs.

but produce white once in a while..i took a white leg pinnon hatch and crossed it over a frost grey which gave it the dark

coloring but came out with the white legs of his father..all the other brothers and sisters except for one other hen came out yellow

these birds havent lost any of their gameness they are still true to their name..
PTDC0053-1.jpg

PTDC0074.jpg

my whitehackles are a line in my family for many years and just recently added new blood to freshen them up from a friend in Florida
PTDC00443.jpg

PTDC00363.jpg

PTDC0013.jpg

I love that picture of your grey bird. It's like he was saying "take my picture, I'm posing!!"

Back
Top Bottom