American Gamefowl

I ain't skinning no coon unless the prices go up nasty dang things. I've done salted it but I'll look for a board in the building that'll work. The mora has skinned 3 deer a few squirrels last year and now this fox I only had to lightly touch it up with super fine to get the edge back after last year. In other words it did awesome great knives it'd be hard to beat them for the money period.

Thanks I believe it came out pretty good for the first time. I'm pretty gitty about it still yet and smell pretty skunky to boot.

I was more worried about ripping the tail and getting it off in one piece. The head wasn't to bad just have to feel for the ears and eyes probably took me a good 15mins I took my time. I need to set me up a hanger on a tree makes it's much easier to do than on the ground and a chicken pen. This is my first so maybe I'll get a few more and get better in time as most things.

I ain't skinning no coon unless the prices go up nasty dang things. I've done salted it but I'll look for a board in the building that'll work. The mora has skinned 3 deer a few squirrels last year and now this fox I only had to lightly touch it up with super fine to get the edge back after last year. In other words it did awesome great knives it'd be hard to beat them for the money period.

Thanks I believe it came out pretty good for the first time. I'm pretty gitty about it still yet and smell pretty skunky to boot.
Yeah moras are pretty much the best value in knives. I just hate the plastic sheath. Looks like you did pretty good. Foxes really aren’t too hard. The face can be a little rough on your knife though.
Foxes generally don’t need much fleshing either so that’s another plus. Raccoons on the other hand need to be totally fleshed out to get all the fat off. Mink and muskrats are easy too. Beaver is probably the most work overall but really not to difficult.

Back
Top Bottom