American Idol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by halo, Feb 17, 2011.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    After last year's lack of any talent, I lost interest in watching it this year. Well, I accidently turned it on, and good grief, what a difference a year makes!! Really really talented people this year! Might have to watch it again.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

oh yeah and with steven tyler and jennifer lopez really make a difference this year.................

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I was absolutely prepared to hate Steven Tyler. He changed my mind. He's a great addition to the judging panel. He's funny, irreverent, crass, witty, sensitive, off the wall. construcctive in his comments, supportive and on and on. Jennifer Lopez is sweet and [​IMG], and Randy is doing his dawg thang. The talent is great! It's shaping up to be a good season.[​IMG]

4. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    I was sure that it'd fall flat on its face with the loss of all but Randy but I have been proven wrong. I'm not a bit Steven Tyler fan but with him what you see is what you get and that is refreshing to see. The same with Jennifer Lopez. There is some chemistry in it once again.

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I'm really enjoying it too, and I already have some favorite singers. [​IMG]

6. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    I do agree! The last few years I definitely lost interest. But darn, Steven Tyler - although not the prettiest man in the world, is an awesome addition! I watch the show just to watch him, and I love his singing voice! Jennifer Lopez's demeanor reminds me of Paula Abdul, but she seems like a good fit too.

I was rooting for that kid Scottie, the 16 year old with the really deep country voice, but he didn't do so good during the group songs. There are so many, many talented singers. Last night the guy with the bass singing 'Georgia' was really (I mean really) good, and the other guy with the really deep voice - but man he can hit high notes.

The show looks like it's really shaping up to be a fantastic show this year!!!

7. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    Quote:X 2 My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!!

Jen

8. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    [​IMG]I am really liking Steven Tyler and J.Lo on the show. It just kinda sucked me in. [​IMG]

9. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I like the judges panel this year too. I was prepared not to like Steven also, but I have to admit, he is good. Regarding last year, I was really wowed week after week with Adam Lambert. This year's talent might prove to make judging very difficult. Alot of talent this year.

10. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Quote:You missed a year [​IMG] Adam was year before last who I love.
    Crystal Bowersocks or however you spell it was last year.
    I didn't love it last year. But it has been great this year.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by