American serama thread!

Can you get a picture of the face with the comb. Are you sure its 8 weeks, looks more like around 6 because all the feathering still is not in on the neck and head. From this pic IF its 8 weeks, girly, BUT need a more accurate birth date if possible......
smile.png

Froggie, I will get a better pic of her today. I have had her for almost 4 weeks now. When I got her she was supposed to be 1 month old. There was confusion with the breeder thinking she was 2 months old at first, but that was resolved. So today it should be about 7.5 - 8 weeks old. She was very very small at first and is growing quite rapidly now, she is getting feathers on the back of her head this week.

Here she is when I brought her home almost 4 weeks ago today.

Last edited:
Froggie, I will get a better pic of her today.  I have had her for almost 4 weeks now.  When I got her she was supposed to be 1 month old.  There was confusion with the breeder thinking she was 2 months old at first, but that was resolved.  So today it should be about 7.5 - 8 weeks old.  She was very very small at first and is growing quite rapidly now, she is getting feathers on the back of her head this week.

Here she is when I brought her home almost 4 weeks ago today.

My goodness, you have had her that long already...time sure does fly......Looking forward to seeing a new pic of the darling....:love

I've never been on this thread before, as I don't feel qualified. My Serama's aren't show quality (or even close), but I'm wondering if any of you could tell me what color my little roo is? I would just like to know for myself. The first is a earlier pic, and the second was taken yesterday. Thanks.

Looks like a mix of colors, gardeningmama. Neck is too light for wheaten, wings aren't right either. Wait till he gets a little older, and compare him to birds of named colors. You'll probably have to choose the name of the color that he's closest to, or make up a new name. He's cute!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom