American serama thread!

droolin.gif
ep.gif
Wowser ....

Thank you we have a few things in mind first is our pet must be happy , Give them what they need and want each day . Try to better the breed in anyway we can . Type over everything Seramas is not a seramas with out the type . lastly just have fun with them . I build my cages on the gound that is the way it will stay . They can dig and scratch around all day long that is why they dont get board and pick each other feathers out . I only do one on one breeding that is the only way you will find out who came from who... I select the best and get ready for the next generation of breeders in my stock ..I have been very Happy with this year stock . My mind is in one place always trying to out the the following year .. Will share more pics soon ...
old.gif
caf.gif
I am going to do the same thing, my cages are going to be on the ground so they can scratch etc.I think I might also build moveable runs so I can move them daily if I want. I have critters here out in the country and these chickens are to little to free range without protection. Cage question..Do they prefer height or is length more important? I moved my new Seramas to pens in the mini barn I have roosts for them but they don't seem to be using them maybe because it is to new and a change for them or maybe because they are not high enough? You have some pretty birds and I bet they have fresh breath from all the mint they eat
smile.png

I am going to do the same thing, my cages are going to be on the ground so they can scratch etc.I think I might also build moveable runs so I can move them daily if I want. I have critters here out in the country and these chickens are to little to free range without protection. Cage question..Do they prefer height or is length more important? I moved my new Seramas to pens in the mini barn I have roosts for them but they don't seem to be using them maybe because it is to new and a change for them or maybe because they are not high enough? You have some pretty birds and I bet they have fresh breath from all the mint they eat
smile.png

I have moveable pens on the ground and it works out really well - least so far. I move their pen every day so they always have fresh grass and a clean spot. I'm a little worried about this winter, though. I'll probably end up moving them back into the garage when it gets really rainy and cold.

Some of mine like to roost about a foot off the ground on perches or on top of their house. Others like to cuddle up with each other in their house. I use the little molded plastic dog houses for their shelter. I spilt the top and bottom, so each dog house makes one Serama house.

I would think that it's better to make the cage longer and wider, rather than taller.

How do you decipher the leg bands? Also should I be feeding them different then my large fowl? I have never worried about my roosters getting to much calcium, but with these little guys should i worry about that?

Love your Seramas LA! It is nice seeing them out and about being a chicken.

I have 5 Serama eggs under a broody, hopefully I have Serama chicks running around on the 4th. DH told me I could order more tonight.
wee.gif

I wish I could pry the money out of his hands to buy some birds from you, but sadly he has a death grip on that wallet lol... So I will make due with eggs.

Your too kind if you ask any one who has gotten birds from me I do not sell them for that much nor are we here to make money it's just an enjoyment for our breeding and share a few with our close friends..

Back
Top Bottom