American serama thread!

This was my hatch prior to the one I have in the incubator right now... Booger, who is still tiny at 8 weeks old

This was the day he was hatched. Most of my Serama babies are slightly larger, but they can be very tiny!
oh my!!!! sooo tiny and cute!!!
love.gif

An oregon native. She says she purchased them as chicks.
I NEVER sell chicks - never ever have and never will. And, most important, I would absolutely, postively, over my dead body, ship a chick! I have sent full grown birds to Oregon but chicks ever.
Turns out I misunderstood her, as her message had a typo in it. They are chicks hatched from a pair that she had purchased as adults from you. So, my previous statement no longer applies.

Selling chicks is a common practice, so it didn't seem so radical of an assumption. Also didn't realize how far from Oregon you were.

Turns out I misunderstood her, as her message had a typo in it. They are chicks hatched from a pair that she had purchased as adults from you. So, my previous statement no longer applies.

Selling chicks is a common practice, so it didn't seem so radical of an assumption. Also didn't realize how far from Oregon you were.
That makes a lot more sense since those birds did not look like birds I had sold or bred here. Hope you find your perfect serama and enjoy them as much as I and everyone else does.

That makes a lot more sense since those birds did not look like birds I had sold or bred here. Hope you find your perfect serama and enjoy them as much as I and everyone else does.

Thank you!

I already enjoy my current birds and I am always on the lookout.

Five months and fifty chicks, and I think I have ONE that fits my needs! I'm not super happy wih his color yet, but I'm hanging on to him an his brother in hopes that one will be a good wheaten.

May be getting frizzled and Booted Seramas this Saturday!

What do you think of creating a Booted Frizzled Serama? I think it would be awesome!

I didn't know there were any booted Seramas! You must take lots of pictures for us!

I just looked at my eggs, and was pretty shocked that at 2 weeks, they're so dark! I got the light to shine on some healthy looking veins, but the whole eggs are totally dark. We still have a week to go though! I hope it's just that these eggs are a bit thick/opaque ?? and that nothing is wrong!

Are there any good Serama books? I saw one on ebay entitled "The Serama Handbook", but didn't know if this was a good one. I want to learn all I can, and know how to choose the best. What is the maturity rate on these little ones? What I mean is at what age do you normally decide on which ones to keep that are the best representative of the breed.

........ I also did my second candle and now have 22 eggs that look great! I have 42 eggs, but 7 had detached air sacs. So out of the eggs that were normal 35 I have 22 developing. I also have another 4 or 5 that are possibilities. I think that's great for shipped eggs.

@cluck cluck- 4 of the 9 that came from Louisiana are developing. I know you had 2, so good luck with them!

Back
Top Bottom