American serama thread!

So I know this isn't totally relevant to our Serama thread, but I consider you all my friends and wanted to share -
I killed, cleaned, processed, pressure cooked, and CANNED my first two roosters! All by myself - as DH will have absolutely nothing to do with it lol. Just finished the canning about 10 minutes ago and I am just SO excited!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Smells delicious, and MAN it just fell right off the bones! I've been so worried that the meat would be tough and icky

Thank you for listening Serama friends =D

Quote:
Wow!!! Those are sooo pretty! I hope with my future hatches I can start getting some more pretty colors in my now flock of 2 ha.
I have eggs coming from Bhep next week though!!!!! After all of your beautiful pictures of Bhep babies they were just too hot a commodity to stay away from!
Guess that incubator won't be getting a rest after all
hide.gif

I just wanted to give a shout out for member kukupecpec for making my Serama girl some sets of chicken diapers. She did a terrific job and they work perfectly! I'm including a picture of Mocha in her black and white checkered diaper!

I'm saving my pennies to order (hopefully soon!) That looks great!

A little bit better pics.
He looks really great! Love the action shot! My boy's tail is a bit too low, but is back isn't too short (I think) His wings are carried verticle very nicely though. All in all, I think yours has better type than mine. He is a beautiful color! And your girls are lovely too! I have read that combs are relatively easy to fix in a breeding program.
So I know this isn't totally relevant to our Serama thread, but I consider you all my friends and wanted to share -
I killed, cleaned, processed, pressure cooked, and CANNED my first two roosters! All by myself - as DH will have absolutely nothing to do with it lol. Just finished the canning about 10 minutes ago and I am just SO excited!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Smells delicious, and MAN it just fell right off the bones! I've been so worried that the meat would be tough and icky

Thank you for listening Serama friends =D
Congratulations! That takes a lot of emotional stamina and I salute you! I would really like to get to that point some day. My goal is to move to the country and raise chickens for eggs and meat, and keep my flock going without having to buy eggs or import birds. That's what I'd love to do!

Good morning guys!
Good Morning!
yippiechickie.gif

My eggs in the incubator and under Hermione are 1 week until lockdown! (well, I don't think Hermione does lockdown, but who knows? LOL) My daughter saw "Lockdown" on the calendar and thought I was running a prison or something? LOL

Last edited:
lets see ho good you guys really are! first one to tell me what kind of chick this is get free fish!!!!!! lets see if you guys can figure it out!!?!?!?!?!?!?1? extra points if you can tell me if its a cockerel or a hen! first one to give me the right answer gets free fancy guppy and platy FRY! all you have to do is pay the 5 dollars for shipping. i will pm the winner! good luck!

I'm saving my pennies to order (hopefully soon!) That looks great!

He looks really great! Love the action shot! My boy's tail is a bit too low, but is back isn't too short (I think) His wings are carried verticle very nicely though. All in all, I think yours has better type than mine. He is a beautiful color! And your girls are lovely too! I have read that combs are relatively easy to fix in a breeding program.
Congratulations! That takes a lot of emotional stamina and I salute you! I would really like to get to that point some day. My goal is to move to the country and raise chickens for eggs and meat, and keep my flock going without having to buy eggs or import birds. That's what I'd love to do!

Good Morning!
yippiechickie.gif

My eggs in the incubator and under Hermione are 1 week until lockdown! (well, I don't think Hermione does lockdown, but who knows? LOL) My daughter saw "Lockdown" on the calendar and thought I was running a prison or something? LOL
That definitely my goal too. I know a lot of people like the self sufficiency to fight animal cruelty and avoid hormones and save the planet etc, but I just enjoy it. I love the idea of "I raised our dinner from an egg and now isn't it delicious!" haha. I don't have a guts a problem, but the head really freaks me out... creepy little dead eyes, I don't care WHAT you are supposed to do first, I lose the head before anything starts. After that it only just smells a little bit, but I work with animals every day so I'm quite adept at mouth breathing =P
lets see ho good you guys really are! first one to tell me what kind of chick this is get free fish!!!!!! lets see if you guys can figure it out!!?!?!?!?!?!?1? extra points if you can tell me if its a cockerel or a hen! first one to give me the right answer gets free fancy guppy and platy FRY! all you have to do is pay the 5 dollars for shipping. i will pm the winner! good luck!
Aww they are cute! I would have to guess hen - black copper marans. My maran chick has that same ugly "bald spot" looking white thing on the top of his head and it kinds makes them look sickly compared to my other fuzz balls lol

Back
Top Bottom