American serama thread!

How does one prep a Serama for a caged show, not table top? I'm taking mine to county fair on the 12th. My male poses but gets lazy. Does anyone have any tips to make him stand good?
Caged show? Hopefully he will "turn on" and pose by himself in his cage just because of the strange place and all the other birds. There won't be a lot you can do to make him pose if it is a caged show only, but perhaps a bit of handling now to build confidence would be a tiny help. Play music, bang things around nearby, try to think of what he might be exposed to at the fair.

Caged show? Hopefully he will "turn on" and pose by himself in his cage just because of the strange place and all the other birds. There won't be a lot you can do to make him pose if it is a caged show only, but perhaps a bit of handling now to build confidence would be a tiny help. Play music, bang things around nearby, try to think of what he might be exposed to at the fair. 

More than likely he will because of the presence of other roosters.

Thanks, I have been handling him every night so he is used to people. He's such a friendly guy. As long as his condition stays good then I think he'll do ok. I recently measured his two main sickles and they are just a little over 10 1/2 inches.

Not sure if anybody remembers her, but this is the girl Rain I had to help hatch back in March. She hatched out from BHep's eggs, she's a class A, and just started laying last week. She's also my friendliest girl. Her only problem is her white earlobes but that's ok for Table Top.

One of my friends wanted a size reference for Wally, so I did this today!

Wally (serama) who weighed in at 6.3oz, Franky (banty cochin), and Big Red (RIR) all at 10 weeks old :)

Back
Top Bottom