American serama thread!

Hi Bobby! Hows it going with the show, coming up REAL soon! Do you have alot of entries yet? I am rooting-tooting for you guys!!! Can you post the flyer again...as a reminder to us old frogs and young peeps? :lol:

def with froggie. :) I keep my young ones in the house. I prefer no drafts. Warm light on one end so they can keep away from the heat. Oh in my chick water i put marbles in the first few days so they dont fall in and drown. Def the sav-a-chick in the water also. To really boost them i use the sav-a-chick water in their food make a mash they will eat it up. Keep an eye out for pastey butt. Its where the poo gathers around their bottom and bounds them up. Really fatal to them :( I clean my waterers and feeders daily def helps them. Congrats on your serama 

Bobby, If I had my way they ALL would be in the house in bed with me! But that would be ALOT of diapers to put on/take off...sigh..... I console myslef with one that sleeps next to me in his own little bed...my micro/handicapped roo PEANUT! :yesss:

I have chirping from the incubator this morning............................
caf.gif

One of the fun parts of raising chicks is the mystery. Be patient they change alot. My white silkie roo turned out to be a splash hen in the end.I love the surprises.
lau.gif
........... Me to so Seramas are perfect for me.
Youjust don't know how the color will finish out........................

So excited!! While we have lots of LF I was browsing through this site one day out of boredom and stumbled on to this thread. What happened next? I fell in love with Serama's!! Since I am horrible at incubating I knew hatching myself would be out of the question and finding chicks in this part of GA has been like finding gold and diamonds in a mcdonalds toy meal I thought I would not be able to get any. And then a fellow BYC member offered to incubate eggs for me and even knew a breeder in Florida that I could get eggs from!

Now the eggs are being set tomorrow and I will soon have little fluffy butts running around! So eggcited! 1 dozen little eggs soon to be who knows how many precious little midgets!

Back
Top Bottom