American serama thread!

Hi.  Ronnie is cute!  Have you heard him crow yet?  Just asking because I'm wondering if that's not a pullet.  My son noticed that the sickle feathers in the tail are not curved as they would be in a cockerel.  Either way you have a lovely little pet.

That would be a large comb and wattles on a 9-10 week pullet. I think it is a roo. My 9-10 week old pullets have a very small, peach colored comb. :D

Thanks! Yes, he is just precious. And he crows. If I'm lucky, he waits until 7:30 AM. He has the cutest little crow, and sounds more like a squeeky toy than a rooster!

We have a couple of little guys working on their squeaks too. So cute.

Quote: Yes, we thought maybe the age might have been off or something.
hide.gif

Now that my Seramas are old enough to determine their sex I need to start thinking about how to divide them up. I am in northern Michigan were it was in the 40's last night so while they may have an outside run they will need to be inside primarily. I am looking for some cage recommendations. I have looked at guinea pig, parrot and ferret cages. Which is more important, floor space or flight space?

Now that my Seramas are old enough to determine their sex I need to start thinking about how to divide them up. I am in northern Michigan were it was in the 40's last night so while they may have an outside run they will need to be inside primarily. I am looking for some cage recommendations. I have looked at guinea pig, parrot and ferret cages. Which is more important, floor space or flight space?

Floor. Cages can be 18"-24" tall but the more floor space the better. Additionally, I keep mine off wire bottoms because the wire ruins the bottom of the wings in the event you want to show. Not sure how many you have but you could get a set of cage that are stacked and on wheels which would allow you to roll them out in good weather. Rabbit cages work well but ferret cages have levels which are useless and parrot cages tend to be quite tall which is not necessary. If you have a perch even a few inches off the ground, they are happy.

Hi I am new to BYC and bantams, I have 5 2 week old Serama x chicks and was wondering if anybody could tell what colours I might have and how soon can I sex them
This is fiendly

This is Tiggy

This one is a pale yellow creamy colour (looks whiter on pic) no name yet
This one is Tipsy because it has 1 white wing tip on its left wing and is the friendliest it will climb on my hand and sit with me for ages
No 5 looks similar to No4 but is slightly smaller and has more creamy colouring around the eyes and feet are more yellow

Hi I am new to BYC and bantams, I have 5 2 week old Serama x chicks and was wondering if anybody could tell what colours I might have and how soon can I sex them This is fiendly This is Tiggy This one is a pale yellow creamy colour (looks whiter on pic) no name yet This one is Tipsy because it has 1 white wing tip on its left wing and is the friendliest it will climb on my hand and sit with me for ages No 5 looks similar to No4 but is slightly smaller and has more creamy colouring around the eyes and feet are more yellow
The only one I can honestly give a color guess on is the pale yellow chick....it will be white. They are still too young to guess sex, post again in 2 weeks and there will be alot more to go on. :D

Thanks froggieheins, thought she might be white, never hatched chicks before only had POLs, so the feathers that are coming through now may not be their adult colours is that right, love watching them they can almost fly very amusing

Back
Top Bottom