American serama thread!

hmm, I wonder if that would be ok, I wouldn't know, let me know!

I wondering also. The hen paired with my smooth feathered rooster produces only smooth feathered birds; pullets at that (I have incubated numerous eggs-many DIS and those that hatch are pullets. Recently I have switched roosters so I'm curious if that will make a difference). Much of what I read on the genetics of frizzle is contradictory or just confusing. If frizzle is recessive the gene has to come from both parents; that much I do know.

I wondering also. The hen paired with my smooth feathered rooster produces only smooth feathered birds; pullets at that (I have incubated numerous eggs-many DIS and those that hatch are pullets. Recently I have switched roosters so I'm curious if that will make a difference). Much of what I read on the genetics of frizzle is contradictory or just confusing. If frizzle is recessive the gene has to come from both parents; that much I do know.

Its worth a shot!

I really love Seramas! I'm only "chicken dreaming" right now - imagining the breeds I will get when I can have a nice yard and coops and spacious runs!

I wonder, where does everyone get their Seramas? I'd love to be able to keep track of some places who supply Serama in various parts of the US for future reference. We're not sure where we will end up - wherever jobs in my fiance's profession takes him, but we are aiming for the South! They seem like great chickens to have as pets. :)

I found mine on Craigslist the day after I first read about Serama.
Someone was moving North and liquidating their flock.
I was able to choose 6 birds from 3 different lines.
He said that his birds came from "the two main guys", which meant nothing to me at the time.
I got lucky.

If anyone is in Central Florida, I've still got 2 smooth-feathered roos for free.
I also have a Silkied Serama roo with white legs for free.
They will all be 4 months old on February 6th. Pickup only.

Last edited:
Free birds

I've also got a dozen assorted Serama eggs for free, most from white legged Silkied hens.

Sorry, I will not ship eggs or free birds.

Coming soon, another free Silkied Serama roo - He'll be 1 month old on 2/2

Back
Top Bottom