American serama thread!

If any of you are interested, I just posted Serama eggs on the 24 hour auction thread. Definitely harder to hatch shipped eggs and Serama eggs are difficult enough, so if you buy eggs, keep that in mind. I get pretty good hatch rates, I've been shipping eggs for years, but incubating shipped Serama eggs is not for the novice
smile.png

There are different sellers on eBay , just like here. Good and bad. It's helpful to read the feedback and ask questions.
After reading my post over again I can see why people might get the wrong idea from what I wrote. Yes. There are good and bad on ebay as everywhere else; most definitely true. And yes, feedback does help. But the "bad" coupled with the problems of shipping and my advice remains the same. Find a different source if possible. Even with the feedback I have had some real disappointments with ebay sellers... and I have had wonderful surprises too.

Note-I am looking forward to having some silkied serama eggs delivered, hopefully, soon. It will still be winter here and I'm just asking for disappointment, but I'll take the chance of having a wonderful surprise anyway. Should it not workout, maybe in the spring.

This hen has laid her ninth new egg after the chicks shown have been weaned and has now gone broody again. The chicks in the picture are just over five weeks of age. While you can't make a hen go broody, you can provide the right stimulus that encourages broodiness.

The hen has used the exact same nest box and location-on a cupboard out of the reach of the other hens that are laying.

Edited by nchls school - Yesterday at 6:50 pm

Last edited:

5 adults, 5 young chicks, and a 13 week old pullet; I have no wish for a large flock; I only keep the most promising young birds. I also have a few others that are different breeds.

5 adults, 5 young chicks, and a 13 week old pullet; I have no wish for a large flock; I only keep the most promising young birds. I also have a few others that are different breeds.
Oh my! To me, I would call 11 chickens a large flock, but then again I haven't started yet! I'm sure at some point, in the future, I'll be telling people I have a small flock of 20 chickens, or something like that! lol

Back
Top Bottom