American serama thread!

Yeah, and because my mother is worried about an animal getting into the garage, they live in a little brooder in my room. No heat lamp, just chillin in the hay :D My little siste rkeeps going in there to play with them :lol:

shahtir101: oh my gosh, that is awesome!

Thanks! (Just got that
1f602.png
) my rooster (truffles) has had all chocolate babies and I didn't even realize my "pun"
1f602.png

I forgot to mention the 2 (that I know of under the broody!) so that brings the count up to 7 with 4 from my birds!

Last edited:
Thanks! (Just got that
1f602.png
) my rooster (truffles) has had all chocolate babies and I didn't even realize my "pun"
1f602.png

I forgot to mention the 2 (that I know of under the broody!) so that brings the count up to 7 with 4 from my birds!

haha I knew you named him that for a reason!

Clodagh's clutch is due to hatch on Wednesday.
I've been trying to get broodies to set on eggs in the nest next to Clodagh.
Today I found Clodagh sitting on the eggs in the wrong nest.
She may have been off her eggs for hours! Maybe as much as four.
The temps were near 90 this afternoon, so I'm hoping the chicks are Spartans who survive.

If anybody wants any 2016 cockerels..... my husband is going from California to PA starting out tomorrow or the next day. Taking interstate 70......I have a few that are looking show quality and a couple more likely pet quality. If anybody is interested let me know....

Try to get some good photos for us.

Quote:
Proud looking young lady.

Ra_ It's a rooster. Pictures is overexposed a bit. With a lot of luck he will grow into something worthwhile, but...

I spent the weekend wracking my brain as to what would cause ten eggs that were actively hatching to DIS. I went through every possibility I could think of. I got my answer this morning-SQUIRREL-the blasted thing chewed a hole through the wall and was using the bird room for its playground. I had the wonderful luck that the squirrel picked a day when chicks were hatching to chew its way in and, apparently, scare the hens off their nests.

Yeah to all that had chicks hatch or got new birds or had other good things happen.
thumbsup.gif

Clodagh's clutch is due to hatch on Wednesday.
I've been trying to get broodies to set on eggs in the nest next to Clodagh.
Today I found Clodagh sitting on the eggs in the wrong nest.
She may have been off her eggs for hours! Maybe as much as four.
The temps were near 90 this afternoon, so I'm hoping the chicks are Spartans who survive.

Being so warm, you have a good chance that all will be well.

Back
Top Bottom