American serama thread!

Ra_ I candled eggs today. The six tribble eggs under the young serama hen are all doing well. When I candled the first time, three eggs were definitely dead. The fourth egg I was pretty sure had died too. Air cell was funky and the veining looked to be breaking down; but there was room for error. Any egg I am not positive about I stick back under a broody. Candling of that egg today shows it to be alive. The air cell is too big, off to one side, with a shape that is distorted; but the embryo is most definitely alive-a Worf egg. So I have 7 of 10 eggs developing- two which are from Worf. YEAH!

I can't help but hope that tribble eggs do not need low humidity to hatch. We are having rain every day with no end soon. The humidity is 75% or higher. Hot and muggy.'

Last edited by a moderator:
It was probably in the 90s. I don't see any visible injuries but they were very week,they were healthy this morning which puzzles me...

Then the broodys did not hurt them intentionally. Is it possible the hen led them from the nest, or something similar, and the chicks were unable to get back to the nest? This was a first time broody?

Well I thought this was a serama thread, not a tribble thread, but I don't mind reading about them too.

Tribbles are serama. I do wish there were more posts on American serama; regular feathered and frizzle, but there isn't. There are posts on silkied serama. I guess the thread is what is being posted and right now it is tribbles. And I have seven tribble eggs to hatch in 7 days.

Tribbles are serama. I do wish there were more posts on American serama; regular feathered and frizzle, but there isn't. There are posts on silkied serama. I guess the thread is what is being posted and right now it is tribbles. And I have seven tribble eggs to hatch in 7 days.

I have 16 in my incubator. Possibly smooth, frizzled, or silkied. 5 pips this morning.

Then the broodys did not hurt them intentionally. Is it possible the hen led them from the nest, or something similar, and the chicks were unable to get back to the nest? This was a first time broody?

That might be possible. It was a first time broody and the hen kept moving to different nests around the pen. She may have not even thought about food for them. Unfortunately thenother died as well.

That might be possible. It was a first time broody and the hen kept moving to different nests around the pen. She may have not even thought about food for them. Unfortunately thenother died as well.
sad.png

Ok I got it guys! I have some -2 week old chicks. This question is for people who show tabletop, or people who have trained table top birds.

What age do you guys start training the chicks? And how?

Back
Top Bottom