American serama thread!

Haven’t seen any updates for a while, so posting an updated pic of our little flock (plus a lone adopted Silkie from a neighbor).

We are renting in FL right now, so until we buy this year we don’t have a fenced yard. They get to live in their portable coop with attached 10.5’ x 11’ covered run til then (with supervised outdoor time).

Hoping to add a couple of tribble girls from eggs soon, and a couple of June’s birds later on. Will post pics of all of them over time. I only wanted silkied birds, but they are such sweet birds that we couldn’t part with any of our smooth girls (nor would my husband let me as his favorite is a smooth bird that he’s trained to jump into his hand. Lol)

These are imho the best birds EVER! My husband and I spend a lot of time outside (it IS Florida) gardening and puttering around the yard. These chickies are like dog-birds. They love attention and don’t scratch up delicate plants. The eggs are perfect-sized boiled egg snacks for my weight-lifting teen and husband, and their poo is just the right amount for a city-dwelling compost pile (which goes right back to the plants). They are so easy to care for.

Our birds are not show birds (though the show birds are beautiful), but everyone should know that these little ones are so much more than just looks. They have wonderful personalities and are the perfect bird for people who have city-size yards or who want chickens that don’t tear up plants and yards. I am permanently disabled and don’t get out and around much, and these goofy, sweet chickies and their antics bring so much joy to my day.

We LOVE our tiny chickens!

Lovely!! Thanks for sharing! :love

Daily dirt bath. Lol

Attachments

• 8378863A-D0E5-48F0-BB28-0B8135CF9ECD.jpeg
    8378863A-D0E5-48F0-BB28-0B8135CF9ECD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom