American serama thread!

Here are the seramas that hatched last week. They both look smooth feathered to me. One is a day older & one is slightly larger. The larger one (on the right in the pics below) may or may not be the older one.
IMG_5460.JPG
IMG_5462.JPG
IMG_5465.JPG

smaller
IMG_5468.JPG
larger
IMG_5469.JPG

Hi me again.
Looks like like I only come on with problems, I don't, I read a lot on here but log in when I have problems lol.
My serama was laying fine,had chicks off her,she had a prolapse few weeks back with a tiny egg stuck. Sorted her with reading on here. She's fine now but only laying teeny tiny eggs no yolk. Iv had 8/9 off her now. I wonder if her vent was scarred. Other hens pecking her ? As I don't know how long the egg was stuck. It looked scarred once id bathed her to remove droppings etc. Would this make her lay tiny eggs from now on ?
Also (sorry ). I have 3 broodys sat. 1 with 2 chicks due today. 1 I noticed yesterday was weird hopped off nest to eat. I think she has stargazer/wry neck ? As she has been sat tight for over a week. Havent seen her off the nest until yesterday. Iv ordered nutridrench and apple vinegar with mother, is there anything else I can do please. Thank you in advance as ever x

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_155157.jpg
    IMG_20190210_155157.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 13
Hi me again.
Looks like like I only come on with problems, I don't, I read a lot on here but log in when I have problems lol.
My serama was laying fine,had chicks off her,she had a prolapse few weeks back with a tiny egg stuck. Sorted her with reading on here. She's fine now but only laying teeny tiny eggs no yolk. Iv had 8/9 off her now. I wonder if her vent was scarred. Other hens pecking her ? As I don't know how long the egg was stuck. It looked scarred once id bathed her to remove droppings etc. Would this make her lay tiny eggs from now on ?
Also (sorry ). I have 3 broodys sat. 1 with 2 chicks due today. 1 I noticed yesterday was weird hopped off nest to eat. I think she has stargazer/wry neck ? As she has been sat tight for over a week. Havent seen her off the nest until yesterday. Iv ordered nutridrench and apple vinegar with mother, is there anything else I can do please. Thank you in advance as ever x
I hope your prolapsed hen works things out. I've never experienced that, so I can't be of much assistance.

I have read about wry neck & that it can be caused by a vit deficiency. I believe if you can get her eat/drink the proper supplements it may be treatable. (I just can't remember exactly what to do. I think it may be Vit B or E.) I'm sure with a little research you'll be able to find some success stories.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I hope your prolapsed hens works things out. I've never experienced that, so I can't be of much assistance.

I have read about wry neck & that's it can be caused by a vit deficiency. I believe if you can get her eat/drink the proper supplements it may be treatable. (I just can't remember exactly what to do. I think it may be Vit B or E.) I'm sure with a little research you'll be able to find some success stories.

Good luck.
Thankyou
I have been reading. Got the nutridrench & apple cider coming tomorrow. Got her to eat boiled mashed egg today so hopefully once I get the vitamins she will start to pick up. She just seems so broody she,s not wanting to eat or drink.
The hen with tiny tiny eggs ? I'm puzzled with. I read young pullets may lay them before they get in full swing or grown hens have occasional fairy eggs if stressed or a yolk wasn't formed but can't find anything despite reading all I can, about older hens laying so many ?
Maybe someone can shed some light ? Thank you Faraday40 for replying :)

Thankyou
I have been reading. Got the nutridrench & apple cider coming tomorrow. Got her to eat boiled mashed egg today so hopefully once I get the vitamins she will start to pick up. She just seems so broody she,s not wanting to eat or drink.
The hen with tiny tiny eggs ? I'm puzzled with. I read young pullets may lay them before they get in full swing or grown hens have occasional fairy eggs if stressed or a yolk wasn't formed but can't find anything despite reading all I can, about older hens laying so many ?
Maybe someone can shed some light ? Thank you Faraday40 for replying :)

Attachments

• received_352208232046686.jpeg
    received_352208232046686.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 11
The offending egg and the dirty look she's giving it lol don't blame her
I hope your prolapsed hen works things out. I've never experienced that, so I can't be of much assistance.

I have read about wry neck & that it can be caused by a vit deficiency. I believe if you can get her eat/drink the proper supplements it may be treatable. (I just can't remember exactly what to do. I think it may be Vit B or E.) I'm sure with a little research you'll be able to find some success stories.

Good luck.

Attachments

• received_2033953283389779.jpeg
    received_2033953283389779.jpeg
    449 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom