American serama thread!

I am looking for a pair of small serama's. Must be tame and able to be held as they will be pets. I am in upstate New York. 12992 Thank you

Both were sold to me as black mottleds. What happens if I cross an Exchequer with black Mottled?

Could be mottled, I couldn’t really tell. You can probably figure out the difference better than I can. :D

Actually, from what I researched, the difference has to do with where the white is on each individual feather. Tipped in white is mottled. Random white, like half a feather, or just the end of one side from the spline is exchequer. I think exchequer also has some specific “preferences” on how much white vs how much black cover the bird. And it seems there are more exchequer in seramas generally than mottled, for some reason.

I have no idea what crossing one of each would do.

I am looking for a pair of small serama's. Must be tame and able to be held as they will be pets. I am in upstate New York. 12992 Thank you
Let me know if you have any luck. I’m only a couple hours from you on the other side of the Adirondacks. I’d like a couple of silkied but not having luck. They just don’t seem to be very popular around here. I’m kicking myself for not getting some last summer from fishmtfarm, I was still researching the breed.

Back
Top Bottom