American serama thread!

i'm already putting my fingers in my ears and going
ignore.gif
LOL...

i decided not to join the SCNA for this reason... i'm going to continue with my serama projects and that's it... to be honest, i don't have an ideal serama color or a goal for color... every serama breeder i talk to has a color they would love to accomplish in the end... everyone... i ask them, what would be your ultimate serama... and they say some name and that's it... not me... my ultimate serama will be some crazy color that only a serama can get... lol...

if my goal is to get a blue breasted red serama, i'd rather buy a blue breasted red OEGB... it's that simple...

oh... and all you peeps that are breeding with green legs with type and expect to show at shows soon... green legs are going to be a DQ at local SCNA shows too... so if you got some SQ serama with green legs because you know you can show them... wah waaaaaaah...

ahem!! I breed serama and don't have any particular color in my program, and haven't planned one either. I'm only focusing on type... You forgot to ask me lol
lol.png
If we are talking oegb, well that's different. I love my random serama babies and the surprises I get.

The only color I'm 'breeding for' at this point is black, and that's only because I hatched 4 black birds in my first bunch. Otherwise, they are just whatever pops out.

Now I do have 1 crele that I'd like to get more of, simply because I love the color. But other than that, I'm not 'working' on anything color-wise.

I had a hatching of 29 chicks...all colors of the rainbow. I took these pics today for my records, so their was no attempt to pose....just trying to keep them from flying to my shoulder...lolol
These are 3rd generation from my foundation birds and I'm still working on type but I love all the different colors. They're 12wks old and their colors change weekly. I knew two of my pullets was carrying the silkied gene but had no idea my cockerel did until four silkied hatched. To me that's a bonus!!

4hatch12wks1.jpg

4hatch12wks8.jpg

4hatch12wks11.jpg

4hatch12wks14.jpg

4hatch12wks16.jpg

4hatch12wks6.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
wow... your girlies are so pretty...

Thanks Gumbii...There's more of them but I didn't have time to get pics of them all today. I'll post them when I get the others. I don't remember off hand but it was almost half and half pullets and cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom