American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Oh and I just realized I've been posting on here for over a month and I never actually introduced my self. Everyone seems to know each other's names. So...
    Hi everyone, I'm Whitney, 22, just hatched my first chicken in September and fell in love. And now I have 4 Seramas, One Serama/Silkie Mix, 13 Silkie chicks and 20 Serama eggs in the Incubator. 2 my Serama Autum just laid, her first two eggs! [​IMG] So with in the last three months I have become completely obsessed with Chickens and BYC! Got to love the fuzzie butts. [​IMG]

2. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    thank you ruth people dont seem to understand that seramas can be expensive especially for good well bred quality. i easily have paid over 200 for a bird plus shipping without batting an eye lash..... 50 dollar bird is usually 50 dollar quality and as much culling and normal unexplained deaths this breed bring im not surprised if they were more expensive.... dont want her dont comment im positive she will find a home for what she is worth

3. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Welcome Whitney! I'm Chaili, this is my first year with serama as well. I got my starts from Cara (SunValley Seramas) and Joey (YB192004). I've had one hatch this year of my own, kind of a test mating, now I'm waiting for my next pairs to mature, so that I can try them too, and figure out who my best breeders are. All my birds are quite young, none over a year.

4. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    Quote:Do you suppose just maybe the person is new to this and didn't realize the costs and reasons for? The only way to educate with any meaning that will sink in AND not drive a person away is with kindness. Thanks, Ruth. You provided a great answer and delivered it with kindness. Since I am new to Seramas as well I appreciate it.

Since we are introducing - my name is Morgan and I have 4 silkies, 6 bantam Cochin, 1 Plymouth and 1 Serama with hopes of a couple more to come!

5. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    hey pirate welcome and normally i am not rude however i felt a lil insulted by a comment earier and whether the person be new or not then if not interested just dont say anything

btw welcome and if i can help i will im not usually and grump LOL

6. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    No worries, Pongo. I know all about grumpy! I am working on sowing kindness. [​IMG]

7. TownhouseSeramas

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:I hope that wasn't pointed at me, [​IMG] my statement was generalize and not meant at anyone. I personally think your birds are beautiful, I've looked at them a couple of times. I just can't afford them. [​IMG] I'm a grumpy person to, but I try to be nice to everyone.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  8. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Have yall noticed how many new people are here with seramas. Also have you seen the listings for them for sale? Wow, Seramas ROCK! Glad to have all the new serama folks.

9. TownhouseSeramas

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Yes, I'm bidding and a beautiful pullet right now. And Chicklette 1 might be selling me some too. [​IMG] And actually one of the Serama boys is mine. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  10. TownhouseSeramas

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Has anyone checked their websites recently? A lot of them don't work. At first I thought it was my computer, but I've check others sites and they do work, so.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by