American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Crazy weather here im WA. Snow tonight and icy roads too. I had to go out and put lights on in the coop. GRRRRR

2. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    N.WChickenGuy :

Quote:She is Pretty but 100. plus shipping is crazy money for a Serama I recently received over that in a auction about 300. and I felt so bad I sent extras. [​IMG]

NW take a look at the auctions here on BYC! Mature Serama hens easily bring over $100. And nice young birds get that price too.

Bill, she is a very lovely lady!​

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:Yay!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Pictures when they're done hatching please! [​IMG]

4. TownhouseSeramas

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:She is Pretty but 100. plus shipping is crazy money for a Serama I recently received over that in a auction about 300. and I felt so bad I sent extras. [​IMG]

NW take a look at the auctions here on BYC! Mature Serama hens easily bring over $100. And nice young birds get that price too.

Bill, she is a very lovely lady!

I couldn't pay that much for one bird, I have problems going over 50. Especially if they have to be shipped. Granted I only get paid onces a month so that pay check has to last an entire month.

5. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:Congratz Chaili!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yours are 2 days ahead of my, I have 20 eggs under 2 hencubators on day 18th.

6. marr77

marr77 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    Menifee Ca
    Quote:Congratz Chaili!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yours are 2 days ahead of my, I have 20 eggs under 2 hencubators on day 18th.

[​IMG] I'm all excited for ya!

7. TownhouseSeramas

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD

[​IMG] I'm all excited for ya!

That duck in your picture is SO CUTE Marr77

8. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Woke up to 3 fuzzies!! [​IMG] I had nightmares last night, that my husband filled the incubator with water, and stuck an iguana in there, and all the babies were drowned and dead.... all because of a stupid comment he said about sticking a legband on his iguana, just before I went to bed. Funny how things stick in your head, and manifest into dreams, or nightmares. [​IMG]

Needless to say, I was happy to wake up to a much better scenario. [​IMG] Just one more egg to go, and its been pipped a while, we just need to go encourage it, maybe pull out my guitar and sing a hatching song to the incubator... [​IMG]

Joey, good luck on your hatch! 20 eggs?? WOW!!! I can't wait to start hatching some of my own. I'm hoping that by January, my pullets will start laying. In the mean time, I'll just run a hatching service for my friends, so that I can get my fix!

9. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

All I've got to say is BRRRRRRRRR [​IMG] The seramas were not too happy this morning with frozen water!! well none of the critters were, along with me... Freezing temps suck! [​IMG]

10. TownhouseSeramas

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:YAY! Congrats on your new fuzzie butts! [​IMG] You know it's funny I called them that long before I started on here and everyone calls them that. It's a fitting name I think. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by