American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:"Tominnie" ahaha that's funny I had to say it a couple of times before I got it, but that's pretty funny. Can't wait to see pictures of her!

2. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    offering this serama hen. i took this pic today and she just kept refusing to pose lol...was more interested in getting to the ground LOL
    anyhow im asking 100.00 plus shipping if anyone is interested

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please pm me if interested

3. pongo

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    p.s. she is in molt

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:My little laced girl and the silkied boy live with a pair of black copper marans and a LF cochin mix cockerel. They are all the same age but the LF birds are 3 times bigger. The seramas love it, they like to snuggle in-between the bigger guys! [​IMG]

5. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Quote:My seramas multiplied so fast, I never tried integrating them, as they had buddies pretty quickly [​IMG], however, I have Old English bantams that are barely larger than Seramas, if at all, and they do just fine with my full size Sussex, Orpingtons, Delawares, Australorps, and Wyandottes out free ranging, and I have one of my Old English bantam cocks in full time with my big ole layers, he is the happiest little bird ever, and the big girls let him snuggle with them at night, and he "guards" them during the day, or so he thinks.... [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:My seramas multiplied so fast, I never tried integrating them, as they had buddies pretty quickly [​IMG], however, I have Old English bantams that are barely larger than Seramas, if at all, and they do just fine with my full size Sussex, Orpingtons, Delawares, Australorps, and Wyandottes out free ranging, and I have one of my Old English bantam cocks in full time with my big ole layers, he is the happiest little bird ever, and the big girls let him snuggle with them at night, and he "guards" them during the day, or so he thinks.... [​IMG]

Some of those little fellas can be pretty bossy, so I don't doubt one bit that he protects them [​IMG]

7. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Quote:Oh my little "Romeo" is the sweetest thing ever. He was handled his first year of life to be a 4H showmanship bird for my young daughters, so he can be easily picked up, flipped over, hung upside down, and molested without even flinching.

8. pongo

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    chaili has a way with the roos lol.... ok hoping of computer for the night....enjoy the chat

9. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Geez, I finally get a chance to go online and everyone is gone for the nite..............[​IMG]

10. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Bill, how are your new itty-bitties tonight? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chali's Romeo is a handsome devi! I thought he was a serama the first time I saw him!
    Sorry for all you chickenheads that are having COLDDDDDDD weather already........BRRRRRRRRRR!
    So, whos for loading up a van and going to the CC in April?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by