American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    ewww no..... that is gross

2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    busy nite.....too many spoilt seramas want quality time on Moms lap tonite.......A womans work is NEVER done. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. kbell

kbell Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2010
    Chickamauga GA
    I have a question....how do you tame the little guys? I have a few that will let me pick them up and are alright with it but then I have a couple that will peck and pinch me everytime. They may be little but pinching hurts. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Still only about halfway through reading this thread, but I want to rejoin! I used to post periodically on the Malaysian serama thread ages ago, but life's just been too busy! I probably won't be a regular again though I'd like to be, but I'll pop in now and then with pics!

[​IMG]

Flare, 9 months old.

I have two of these dun cockerels who need names. They're so pretty! I don't have an even decent picture of the other one, who has white on his back and no lacing on his chest. Ignore the lack of type in the picture, he's much typier in real life and wasn't posing/this was taking a few months ago. Also around 9 months old now.

[​IMG]

His mama Lexi, who was this really cool patchy dun girl, just passed away unexpectedly the other day. I'm so bummed about this, it was really sudden. [​IMG] I miss her, even though she had the flightiest, most dramatic personality.

Apple Bloom, teeny little mille fleur pullet! I just brought her in for a warm bath and sleeping on the heating pad with my micro girl because she's been sneezing a little.

[​IMG]

This is Latte, who I was holding at the time. She's big, but I love her colors!

[​IMG]

Hanabi, teeny girl with crazy colors!

[​IMG]

5. chuckeychickens

chuckeychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Chuckey, TN
    My Coop
    I'm new to this thread also, and relatively new to BYC.
    Here are some pics of our Serama.

This is Bob

[​IMG]

This is Brutus

[​IMG]

This is Dr. Tweed with some of the babies we have hatched in our incubator

[​IMG]

This is Kurt, in my arty shadow shot

[​IMG]

6. chuckeychickens

Sep 18, 2011
    Chuckey, TN
    My Coop
    And here are some pics of our newest babies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this one - I put the "AA" battery down so people could see just how small they are.

[​IMG]

7. chuckeychickens

Sep 18, 2011
    Chuckey, TN
    My Coop
    And here are some of our hens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I love this shot of Brutus -

Chuckey Chickens - At the intersection of technology and chickens!

[​IMG]

8. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Very pretty birds and nice photos. I really enjoyed them. Welcome and thanks for posting!

9. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Great pics Chucky and Silver Phoenix! Thanks for sharing, those are wonderful!

kbell- spend a lot of time handling them, let them sit on your desk while your at the computer, offer little treats like bird seed, oatmeal, etc. Most of them will calm down nicely. I keep new birds in a bird cage in my kitchen, where they have no choice but to be around us all the time. They get used to your voice, your actions, etc.

10. SunValleySeramas

SunValleySeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    ramona, california
    Bill I say it because i hear feed back and i feel bad when you go on the defense, due to people making comments how your birds look in certain photos!! I love to see the photos of seramas being seramas and running around the yard and being active family members, I however try very hard to take photos that compliment my animals when i offer them for sale to the GP, or people on the board as a breeder. I picture says a thousand words (seramas are judged in pose) and it is unfair to put up a photo of a serama not in pose and have you imagine what it could be with a appropriate $ tag but a non flattering photo!! in reguards to this I WILL NOT SAY ANOTHER WORD!!!

People Seramas are a wonderful friendly family bird, they make better indoor family members than parrots and sometimes husbands or dogs and are a great way to stay in touch with the country!! I am proud of what i produce, and I have no problem putting fun photos up of serama showing off their silly characters and the strange things they sometimes do, I actually am excited about chailis offer to put up photos of seramas to be the photo of the week/month i say lets do it, WIth all this said it is early I have not had my coffee and need to go have a serama break!! Look forward to see all the great photos and hearing the wonderful stories about what these amazing birds do on a daily basis..

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by