American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:Beautiful
    Cocopuff looks like a calico cat. LOL. Very pretty.

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    OMG, what a cute frizzle!
    Quote:

3. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    I had DD babysit for me awhile. Bumble enjoyed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    To cute!
    Quote:

5. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Quote:I just LOVE this little girl!!! I have one very similiar in color, just turned 3 months old, but her feathers aren't as curly as Cocopuff's...I like your little girl better! [​IMG]

6. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    You go Bumble.....[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:

7. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    Oh thank you guys! [​IMG]
    Juliette, that's a huge deal coming from you, your Frizzles and Chocolates "Rock"

Also [​IMG]
    I have a "new" to me, home made incubator. It's made out of a (free) non-working dorm fridge sized wine cooler, the compressor was gutted out then the only thing that cost me anything was the light bulb. The fan is one I had in a bathroom, a little cheapy fan from Walmart. A quart jar for water/humidity, a "vintage" coil type thermostat that my Dad gave me and a single 60 watt light bulb in a plug-in type socket and the wire was some old lamp wire I found in the garage. The racks were bottle holder shaped so I took apart an old bird cage that didn't have a top or bottom and I used wire cutters to cut the sides to the right size for the racks. I had a strip of that plastic protector stuff you put around the edge of a cage door to cover the sharp edges that was excess that I bought this summer. It made 3 perfect coated wire racks. The best part is how well it's keeping temp. We tried 2 other thermostats that just didn't keep the temps stable, they varied a Lot, from 97 to 101. Now, the temp is on the money 99.5 to 100 and the humidity 38 to 40%. There was already a couple of holes the back where wiring used to be and they seem to be good enough for fresh air. The proof is in the hatching so we'll see in about 20 days. I'm pretty proud of my recycled, $2 incubator I can rearrange the racks and have 3 racks for eggs and use my Little Giant incubator for hatching or the first few days after hatching. Check out all of the Serama eggs in there [​IMG] wish them luck!

[​IMG]

8. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    smoothmule I am in love with cocopuff !!! Will she be coming to the Heartland classic in march ?
    I have been working on posing my silkied guys so they will be ready. but hubby thinks they need to go outside and live with the other seramas . Just because all three cockerels crow all night long [​IMG]

9. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:LOVE Cocopuff, such a beautiful girl.

10. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:That is to cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by