American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bluebird

bluebird Chicken Obsessed

Feb 4, 2008
    Earth
    My Coop
    Quote:Wow Juliet! Very pretty!

2. bluebird

bluebird Chicken Obsessed

Feb 4, 2008
    Earth
    My Coop
    Quote:
    They are from Asia, Most birds I know and love are...
    Bill I don't have them in my backyard .... (yet) lol!

I loooove pigeons! I have two Old Classic Frill hens that live in our coop with the banty hens. Would love to have a couple of the ones from Asia tho!

Smoothmule...Cocopuff looks like a calico kitty...she is adorable!

4cats...great picture!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Wow, this is great. Very creative.
    Quote:

4. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
  5. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Quote:Wow, I Love it!!! "Refashioning" (the 'new' term for reusing...[​IMG]) at it's finest!!!

I'm sending ENORMOUS Hatching Vibes your way! Good Luck! [​IMG]

6. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    I love the little multicolored brown/chocolate frizzles. They look like little pine cones... So cute!

7. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    My Christmas present to my self is Silkied and Frizzle Eggs. [​IMG]

8. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Didn't get a chance to get on the computer yesterday and wow.......had a lot to read and see today! The birds in the photos were soooooooo beautiful. Great inspiration for novice breeders like myself.The coco pop discussion was interesting as I am one of those people who is somewhat confused with the colors that are considered cocopop. Every little bit of input helps.
    Pixie's birds were very interesting colors to me. The chocolate project seems to really be coming along. Lots of yummy birds. I am trying to be patient with my little guys to see how they turn out.
    Enjoyed all the posts including the pigeon photo.
    My little partially paralyzed girl is hanging in with her little friend, Lucky. They are still keeping one another company and I am try to exercise her a little bit by moving her legs and giving her a gentle
    rub down. Her injury is in the upper cervical area. She eats, drinks and poops so I will do this as long as possible. She does not seem to be miserable and does not squawk. Sometimes she just chips softly so I think she is happy. I often think of what kind of a life she has but cannot seem to think of ending it. Lots of work but lots of love and little Lucky has a friend that cannot hurt his little self! He is only about 6 weeks old and his comb gets a very bright red already. I will have to post some photos of the little guy. Definitely a house pet! Climbs all over me, nests or preens my hair (not quite sure what he is doing). Complains bitterly when I put him back in his brooder with his friend and gets quiet when he hears my voice.
    Spent the whole day yesterday with all the chickens.......sprayed 22 LF for mite prevention and cleaned, cleaned and then cleaned Felt good being with them for extended time! Can't keep any eggs because they are still finishing the Wazine treatment. Also can't incubate any more of my Seramas eggs because of this.......Boo Hoo.
    Good to get caught up and see that everyone is doing good with no casualties!!

9. Carolynspeeps

Carolynspeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Looks like everyone here has been very busy. I just wanted to let you all know that I have posted a pair of Mottleds on the auction thread. Making room for all my new babies. Thanks for looking.

10. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    Off to go get pictures of my breeder cages/bookshelves/cabinets. I will post some pictures later. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by