American serama thread!

No rain just super cold . very cool you got the roof up for them thats great now they will stay dry . i need to get busy and make some more cages a never ending story for me never enough room !
Quote:

Last edited:
Well I am very excited to have my Incubater back, I had let Pongo borrow it when he had gotten to over 80 eggs and not a single hatch, it is been 4.5 months. Love the old bater she is dummy proof. Unfortunetly sometime doring the transportation her arm that auto turnes the eggs was damaged and The new part is quite expensive!! I have a friend who is talented at building things and rigging up easy fixes so hoping that he can fix it!! He is also going to go through the heating element turner etc and get her tip top shape again after i think running full time for 4+ months, she looks overall good. The good thing is that Pongo is now accomplished at hatching eggs he has gotten his own new bator and I have my old faifthful back! Wish I could have joined in some of the new years hatching but there is always next year!!

Is your incubator a GQF? I have a really old, old, old one that is red plywood. It is a hatcher type, but can be used for incubating as well. That old thing works like a charm.

I also have a newer, well it's pretty old, too, but not as old as the red one, GQF. It has the plexiglass door and 3 trays. I bought it last year for $150. but have not used it because it needed a new wafer. I have the wafer to install, but I'm thinking of putting an auto turner in it. Any experience with this? I am wondering if perhaps I should just call the company and see what they recommend. I don't know if I have the mechanical "know how" to get the job done.

Baby turned 3 months old today. She was 4.4 ounces at the weigh-in.

baby3.jpg

Quote:
Maybe my little Lucky is growing...........I just weighted him and he weighs 4.3 at about 8 weeks. He has been so tiny but sometimes they catch up.
62617_pc100035.jpg
62617_pc080033.jpg

Ra......your little girl is just adorable! The little guys that seem to need more care are really fun. Lucky was a single so he has has a couple of friends along the way but they all got too big for him so it's just me and Lucky.

Baby Seramas-how adorable!
If I post one more picture of my Silkied Serama from JuneBug on the Oklahoma thread I think they're going to make me leave. So I figured I better come over here for a little while. I took this one this morning, I just love this little guy. He's my little buddy and is wonderful for company.
Their personalities are just magical (sounds like an iPad ad, doesn't it?)
Channing-12-12-11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom