American serama thread!

Ugh, now you're changing my mind again!
he.gif
Tuesday is lockdown, ugh!

That looks really awesome! Is that the modular cage or storage thing people were writing about not too long ago? For rabbits or box shelves, sold two different ways?? Looks awesome!

Thanks! I was originally a 5 tier rabbit tower, but they never really used the bottom two levels, I think because it was quite dark down there all the time. So I took the shelf out and built a foam board box with duct tape for "water proofing" and filled it with shavings! Even got them a cute little roosting bar, although I think I need a larger diameter bar, this one is actually for new chicks =)

It's one of these industrial shelves in the "wide" version. The top and bottom shelves are from the wide set, and the middle shelves are from the narrower shelf set so it makes a nice opening for the bunnies to jump from level to level.
"doors" and "walls" are made of those buildable cube shelves. It's all mostly held together with zip ties. I can't imagine a life without zip ties!
These shelves! But the taller wider version lol

So I was looking at my new pullet this morning (named her Ash) and noticed she's missing a toe nail! It's certainly not causing her any pain. She's such a sweetheart, even though the breeder didn't handle her much. She's naturally like that. Do you think it'll grow back, or do you think she just hatched like that? Even so, I'm keeping her! (BTW: I don't think the breeder realized she was missing a toe either).

Her missing toe nail - there is dirt on it.

And yes, she spilled all the feed on the ground. I had to get her her own water cup because she's so small.

Babies... born on 4-20, all full siblings from Slash and Ava... funny how different the colors are. (Black and exchequer pair) I'll get better pics in a few days

Cinnamon (red/gold), Nutmeg (dark chipmunkish pattern), Licorice (the plainest black and white), FancyPants (with the white head), and Smokey (silvered looking)

So I was looking at my new pullet this morning (named her Ash) and noticed she's missing a toe nail! It's certainly not causing her any pain. She's such a sweetheart, even though the breeder didn't handle her much. She's naturally like that. Do you think it'll grow back, or do you think she just hatched like that? Even so, I'm keeping her! (BTW: I don't think the breeder realized she was missing a toe either).

Her missing toe nail - there is dirt on it.

And yes, she spilled all the feed on the ground. I had to get her her own water cup because she's so small.
I have hatchery sultans and 4 of them came with missing toe nails. I'm quite sure it's a birth defect. Also, Charlie was one of them, and one of his toes started growing a toenail late in adolescence. It's not sharp and is very blunt and I don't think it will ever really grow out normal. I'm certain they never had an injury, but they were a few weeks old before I realized they were missing toe nails. Just sharing :)

And.... my juvenile cockerels... 4 1/2 months old

FireStorm, and also an amazing shot of his butt (I love the width of that tailset!)

Myles (he's a super sweet boy)

Blaise and a shot of his pretty laced chest :D

Back
Top Bottom