American serama thread!

That'd be fun, I love frizzles!

I have a thing for frizzles, lol.

I currently am working on a Frizzled/Booted Serama project and have a pair I'm breeding that is Frizzled Cochin/Smooth Sizzle. My friend is tring to give me a Frizzled Basque roo and hen with some smooth to go with for a Frizzled Basque project.

Frizzle crazy.

Hello!
We are new to seramas (fairly new to chickens - just over a year with LF).  I was wondering what kind of bedding is ok for them.  We use pine shavings for the other chickens, but didn't know if seramas are too fragile or prone to problems with that.  The lady that gave them to me said that they would have to stay inside for about 5 months - they are just about 3 weeks old now.  Is that really true or can they go outside?  We are in Louisiana where it is reaching 90 and just 70 at night. Thanks for the help.

Pine shavings work great for serama, once your birds are 6to7weeks old they will be fine outside at night, if it is 90 degrees during the day they would be fine out during the day now. Just make sure they are protected from predators, remember they are tiny. Last Welcome to serama they are loads of fun.

Just thought I would drop in and share a picture of my only (and most likely infertile Serama roo). He is 11 months old, and I think he is turning out pretty good. He was in a hatch that was born on the 4th of July... so they all got festive names. This is Blaster.

Just thought I would drop in and share a picture of my only (and most likely infertile Serama roo). He is 11 months old, and I think he is turning out pretty good. He was in a hatch that was born on the 4th of July... so they all got festive names. This is Blaster.
He's so beautiful I really love his colors :)

Just an update on my little 'pair'. My little SeramaXOEGB mix is doing well, and is starting to show signs of having 'low dropped wings'. Not sure if that's what they are called but oh well. :) My little cockerel is extremely protective of her, and calls her to food and treats. I'm still not sure yet though if she is a she. XD Time will tell, but I'm pretty she is a she.

Quote: Thank you, He does have some cool colors. Lacing and mottling.
Why do you think he's infertile? He's most handsome; I love his wingset!
Thank you. I think that because since he has been my only roo, I haven't had 1 egg even begin to develop. I know at least 2 of my girls have had chicks in the past from some of my other roos, but I am only getting clear eggs from everyone now. Have been for the last few months actually. I don't think it is incubation issues because I have chicks from my bantams hatching every Sunday... the Serama eggs just never do anything though. That is my unprofessional opinion lol.

just popped a hatching faverorolle egg under ebony- micro serama, she got the funniest look on her face, listening to the little one cheeping and hatching! don't dare try to take that from her now!LOL! she has been broody twice, this time going on 6 weeks- the girl deserved a baby-

and i have a silky broody and another serama- might give them each an egg too... my goodness girls!!

just popped a hatching faverorolle egg under ebony- micro serama, she got the funniest look on her face, listening to the little one cheeping and hatching! don't dare try to take that from her now!LOL! she has been broody twice, this time going on 6 weeks- the girl deserved a baby-

and i have a silky broody and another serama- might give them each an egg too... my goodness girls!!
Aw! That's the cutest face! Is that actually a Faverolle? I thought it was a pigeon when I first saw it.
lol.png

Wow, he is a poser, isn't he! One more point on his comb and he'd be perfect! Love him and hope he successfully fertilizes your eggs soon!
Just an update on my little 'pair'. My little SeramaXOEGB mix is doing well, and is starting to show signs of having 'low dropped wings'. Not sure if that's what they are called but oh well. :) My little cockerel is extremely protective of her, and calls her to food and treats. I'm still not sure yet though if she is a she. XD Time will tell, but I'm pretty she is a she.
How old is she now? I bet she would have crowed and they would have butted chests a bit if she were a he!

That really is an awesome face there! She'll be a great mother, I'm sure!

Back
Top Bottom