American serama thread!

Yes there are alot of people that either by ignorance or intention do the knock-off thing...
Olive/green legs are still a serama trait, so that is no problem...

GENERALLY speaking when the serama has been intermixed with OEGBs [ which is the most common mixing] what pops up is long backs, WHITE legs, different shaped combs, more horizontal wing carriage and a tail that isn't "perky" and vertical like a serama...so those are dead giveaways to intermixing breeds.....
Just curious, do these 4 gremlins share the same parents? LOL

I am not sure, but I can ask the woman I am getting them from. I'm up in Canada, and basically nobody has anything rare, so I take what I can get. It seems to me like the cockerel has already got almost proper posture... :)

I am not sure, but I can ask the woman I am getting them from. I'm up in Canada, and basically nobody has anything rare, so I take what I can get. It seems to me like the cockerel has already got almost proper posture... :)

Here aare 2 sets of before and after pics of pure seramas....first boy is a SQ second set is a girl not real good SQ..hope this helps.... Ya know what they say about a picture is worth a thousand words... :)

Hey everybody,
I bought some eggs on eBay the other day on a whim and won them! Turns out they were from Wisconsin, and I live in NY. I just received them and the seller was kind enough to include an extra 12 eggs (!) and they seemed to be packaged really well but when I candled and set them they all had mobile air sacs. Has anyone had any luck hatching out shipped eggs that had moving air sacs? I have read through the shipping hatching threads but I know Seramas can be extra tricky to hatch. Any advice? Does anyone have any breeders to recommend having eggs shipped from or is anyone located in NY? I am mostly interested in frizzled and silkied Seramas. Thanks!

Last edited:
No serama will breed true because in there DNA they have about 21 colour pattern and 2 parents could give you 42 different colour possibilities. It's all just luck of th e draw.:jumpy I love Seramas :love

Last edited:
Really? I've had 3 chicks so far, but only 2 colors. Are some just harder to get? I know, I know, THREE, but still, LOL

This is the Serema gal and her Cochin buddy. 4 chicks :D only 1 Serema though :( I wanted 3, min. Turns out 2 were Cochin eggs >,<

The Serema is the odd colored one.. Lol

Brown Serema chick

Silver one. They're more feathered out now, but only pics I had on my

Hi I'm new to this site. I recently hatched 10 serama chicks that I will be looking for homes. I do not want to put them on Craigslist. Any ideas?

That's going to be prity colour when all grown up. But yes it will have a better chance getting colour close to the parents but can be other colours to

Back
Top Bottom