American serama thread!

Do serama roosters stand very upright naturally or do you have to teach them? my silkied roo doesn't really pose for me. If you do need to teach them, can anyone tell me how. Thanks!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
The upright, vertical stance is the essence of a serama...this is what we call 'type'...It is genetic, not something that is taught.

Alright! 5 babies out and 1 to go!
of the 6 only two are silkie X serama - but I've got two more due in a week and 6 more due in 2 and 3 weeks.

These are funny little guys!

First Pip

First up we have the yellow Silkie X Serama
Orange skin, a little color in the beak, and an extra toe! I think the brown on her fuzz is just a little blood, not actual color.

Next up is the silver Silkie x Serama
Much lighter skin than purebred silkie chicks, but still definitely black - with a matching black face - and extra toes

And the whole gang! 2 crosses, 1 yellow serama, 1 black serama, and a brown serama. The crosses are just SLIGHTLY bigger than the serama

And my very favorite picture of them ALL
"Put . Me . Down."

Last edited:
Alright! 5 babies out and 1 to go!
of the 6 only two are silkie X serama - but I've got two more due in a week and 6 more due in 2 and 3 weeks.

These are funny little guys!

First Pip

First up we have the yellow Silkie X Serama
Orange skin, a little color in the beak, and an extra toe! I think the brown on her fuzz is just a little blood, not actual color.

Next up is the silver Silkie x Serama
Much lighter skin than purebred silkie chicks, but still definitely black - with a matching black face - and extra toes

And the whole gang! 2 crosses, 1 yellow serama, 1 black serama, and a brown serama. The crosses are just SLIGHTLY bigger than the serama

And my very favorite picture of them ALL
"Put . Me . Down."

LOVE the last pic! enter it for the captions contest!

Alright! 5 babies out and 1 to go! of the 6 only two are silkie X serama - but I've got two more due in a week and 6 more due in 2 and 3 weeks. These are funny little guys! First Pip First up we have the yellow Silkie X Serama Orange skin, a little color in the beak, and an extra toe! I think the brown on her fuzz is just a little blood, not actual color. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Next up is the silver Silkie x Serama Much lighter skin than purebred silkie chicks, but still definitely black - with a matching black face - and extra toes [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] And the whole gang! 2 crosses, 1 yellow serama, 1 black serama, and a brown serama. The crosses are just SLIGHTLY bigger than the serama [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] And my very favorite picture of them ALL "Put . Me . Down."
You're so lucky! I want some silkies!! And frizzles.

Back
Top Bottom