American serama thread!

One week old seramas

I NEED HELP!!!
I want my serama hen to have chicks but when my Serama rooster tries to mate with her, he backs out. How can I get my rooster to mate with her???

I NEED HELP!!!
I want my serama hen to have chicks but when my Serama rooster tries to mate with her, he backs out. How can I get my rooster to mate with her???

Some roosters are gentlemen and never "do it" in public. If they are sleeping in the same quarters then he probably is… My olandsk dwarf cockerel says "goodnight" to each of the hens as they get their spot on the roosts. I had to spy to figure it out! kinda felt awkward ! anyhow. put her eggs in the bator to find out. He only needs to be with her once and her eggs will be fertile for a few weeks
tongue.png

I NEED HELP!!!

He'll do it at some point.
Who knows, he might even be mating her when you aren't looking xD
That's what my birds do xD

I would be happy to trade you smooth hen for a frizzle hen, or 2?
Where are you located? I am too scared to ship birds yet,but if you are close to kc,mo....
Kind of had the same thing happening here.................Good news has 5 out of 5 hatched..also good news all pullets............but only one strait feathered and I and hoped for more.............. Guess you can't have it all...........................:rolleyes: Very nice chicks you have...............
Thanks!
What cute little frizzles! All different colors and everything! I've been hatching up a storm! I completely forgot to take pictures of the 12 I hatched and traded for hatching eggs! I'm so bummed, i had one that looked really cool haha But now I've got a whole bunch of little babies from m very own flock! So exciting! Chick #1 Chick #2 Chick #3 Chick #4 Chick #5 [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] This ones a week or so old This one is from the first batch - 1/31 This one I got from a friend - not sure of her hatch date - she kept pooping on her wing tips so we clipped them off, shes not very happy with me lol These are the Serama X Silkie Chicks - they all have funny toes and are bigger than the serama Love them! [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] This one has a funky extra toe y And these are my two older ones I LOVE this one's coloring, it almost looks like tiny houndstooth! So cool! I hope s/he keeps it!
Love them all! Cant wait to see what the silkie/serama chicks look like.
I'm thinking about moving my trio into my sunroom. Do any of you have pics of indoor caging or tips for minimizing the mess. I have a fish tank 2 1/2ft by 5ft I was thinking of using.
. My only tip i can think of is dont use chips for bedding. Use pellets or something, way less messy.

Back
Top Bottom