American serama thread!

I have 2 cabinet bators and they hatch low compared to my brinsea that I hatch my seramas in. I have hatched them for 6 years and watch humidity and temp. I keep at 99.5-100 and at day 18 stop turning. I find that if they die out its around day14 and on hatch. I keep humidity at 40 up to day 18 then 60 humidity.

Do they need to be turned everyday like other eggs?

Yep, the same. If you are already hatching LF eggs then just do the same with these guys. I have heard they lose water quicker so humidity needs to be a little higher but, I did not have that issue. I hatched at 99 because I heard that with lower temps more of the females survive and was testing that theory, sold them off at 2 weeks due to some home issues so I don't know if the theory is right. I do know that when my thermometers were wrong and my temps were running HIGH (102) with out me knowing it, out of 5 hatches (several of different breeds, 2 had zero babies), only 5 made it and ALL were male.

i think my temp is fine now. i had issues with it dropping90 and belpw but it stays at 98-100 now and my chicks are doing fine

Good, best of luck
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom