American serama thread!

I am really wanting a pair to keep in big parrot cage in the house. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I can't find anyone in Arkansas that has them or anyone that will ship them. I live in central Arkansas. I would be happy to adopt a rooster. Please help point me in the right direction if anyone can.

Do a google search for OC Seramas she has beautiful birds and ships

Last edited:

Success! I swapped her 3 golf ball for 10 chicks and she couldn't be happier! Such a good mama too.

I just put my Serama eggs in the incubator yesterday! :weee
Can't wait for day 7, when I'm going to candle them for development. :D The post office was a bit rough on the handling, I've only spotted 2-3 detached air sacs, 2 saddle shaped air sacs, and the others I can't tell. I'm going to be incubating them vertically because of the detached air sacs. I am also using the dry incubation method for them. Has anyone here used it for Seramas? If yes, how we're the results?

This is my first time incubating Serama eggs and they are tiny! Even smaller than my Silkie's eggs. :) Anyways, I have my fingers crossed. :fl

I just put my Serama eggs in the incubator yesterday!
wee.gif

Can't wait for day 7, when I'm going to candle them for development.
big_smile.png
The post office was a bit rough on the handling, I've only spotted 2-3 detached air sacs, 2 saddle shaped air sacs, and the others I can't tell. I'm going to be incubating them vertically because of the detached air sacs. I am also using the dry incubation method for them. Has anyone here used it for Seramas? If yes, how we're the results?

This is my first time incubating Serama eggs and they are tiny! Even smaller than my Silkie's eggs.
smile.png
Anyways, I have my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

sounds like you are doing it right, i held off turning and candling till day 10 this last hatch, would have been fine if i had dry hatched i think- a got 2 from shipped eggs, and waiting on 2 of my own seramas to see how they do

Back
Top Bottom