American serama thread!

Thanks froggieheins, thought she might be white, never hatched chicks before only had POLs, so the feathers that are coming through now may not be their adult colours is that right, love watching them they can almost fly very amusing

Just wait till they CAN fly, they are like little hawks, they can ZOOM everywhere.. :lau

Ronnie likes to fly onto phones. Whenever I try to take a picture of him, or someone else, he flies onto the phone. He is a really good flier! Ronnie also likes flying onto faces, so I'm trying to get him out of that habit. I think that he is attracted to my glasses and tries to land on them. If they are on the dresser, fine, but not while they are on my face! LOL

I have to say that people have a funny reaction when I tell them that the big scratch on my face is from my rooster.

how old do seramas need to be to determine sex? i have some about 7 weeks old and i need to thin out a few only want to keep a trio out of about a doz

I can sex mine at three weeks. By four it is very obvious. Color though, changes so much. Two chicks born the same color can end up totally different as adults.

I have chicks available. Very friendly and colorful. I can't ship but if you are local... In Northern Utah. :D

My first Serama chicks hatched last night and this morning.. looks like 7/7... though I haven't been able to get a great look under my broody. I am wondering about food...

I know it needs to be ground down but should l give them medicated starter? I am just extra concerned about what to put in their tiny tiny bodies!

I tried to search for this info and couldn't find much so I really appreciate any thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom