American serama thread!

If you're using the app, I haven't been able to post pics through it for a couple months now... try the regular mobile, or if that's what you're using switch it to desktop view and click the full page option and the pic icon (mountains with a sun) should show up...
Thanks for the assist. I still couldn't make it work so I pulled out the laptop.

I haven't been weighing mine at hatch. I have 2 that are one week and 2 weeks and they both weigh 22g. the one week old was bigger than the other at hatch even with the age difference.

:jumpy That is so great. And so cute. How many eggs did you start with? And how many hatched? :thumbsup
Thanks! I had 19 shipped from Florida to West Virginia, 2 were clear, 1 first-week blood ring. The other 16 made lockdown. 7 have hatched, 4 more have pipped. Waiting to see on the last 5. Strangely, 4 of the last 5 are darker colored eggs, like from the same hen, and none of those have hatched. Hoping they are just slower, but 3 of them had more fluid in them at lockdown time, so I had marked them questionable anyway.
These are a few of my march chicks at at 1 month and the little black one a day or two. I will post more updated pics later. This hobby is a real lifesaver for me!
Awesome! Love these! I'm weighing these too. So far, the chicks are weighing 0.63-0.68 of initial egg weight.

Last edited:
These are a few of my march chicks at at 1 month and the little black one a day or two. I will post more updated pics later. This hobby is a real lifesaver for me!
Nice chicks. Can you tell me how they grade from A-C? Is it simply on weight alone? Are there any South Eastern Oklahoma Serama fans on this thread besides me?

I just hatched the smallest Serama chicks I've ever seen. They are from a new pen I set up with mostly silkied that I hatched a few months ago. They just started laying and I incubated three eggs. One died right before hatching, but two hatched perfectly and seem very healthy. The picture shows them in front of some other small Serama chicks that are only two days older, but from different parents.
Oh wow the size difference is unbelievable. What is the weight on the parents? Do u have pic's of the parents?

So today I go to feed everyone and I fine my smallest chocolate 4 week old (size of a 2 week old) is rolling around to get to food and water! I realize that her legs shoot out in front of her and she can't move. This happened right after I decided it would be a good idea to move her in with the younger chicks because of her size.So I have to splint her legs she is now in a cup hopefully there will be some improvement. I am going to give her some electrolytes because she seems drained.

So today I go to feed everyone and I fine my smallest chocolate 4 week old (size of a 2 week old) is rolling around to get to food and water! I realize that her legs shoot out in front of her and she can't move. This happened right after I decided it would be a good idea to move her in with the younger chicks because of her size.So I have to splint her legs she is now in a cup hopefully there will be some improvement. I am going to give her some electrolytes because she seems drained.

Good luck. I wish I could offer something that might help, but... :(

Back
Top Bottom