American serama thread!

Here is my first Serama, "Sweet Pea". I got her as a pet for my husband and have fallen in love! She sits on iur shoulder and loves attention. She now has a boyfriend Serama and best friend banty Cochin. They are so cute and I love their tiny eggs!

Sweet Pea is so very adorable!
love.gif

Thanks everyone! I just got here about a month ago and she was hatched this spring I believe. And the Cochin is a hen but I do have a Serama Rooster for her. I will get good pics tonight!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, it's been a busy summer so far and I have been off the thread for a while but I wanted to update everyone with pot upine progress.
Do you remember porcupine my naked rescued yellow skin Serama.
( can't find an old photo)

(today)* porcupine is the frizzle

Hi everyone, it's been a busy summer so far and I have been off the thread for a while but I wanted to update everyone with pot upine progress.

I was intermittently glancing at the thread during those days, but I'd say she's looking a lot better, if I'm remembering original photos correctly!

Has she been on any special diet or care regimen (like feather fixer or such) to get her feathers growing back in?

I have a frizzle boy with bad feathering, been wondering whether there's anything I can do to help him... the feather fixer pellets in our area seem to be too large for seramas. He's a single gene frizzle but I know the breeder did breed frizzles to frizzles in her lines, so I think there's doubling up of some other genetic modifiers that resulted in poor feather quality. We affectionately call him Skeletor. ;)

Have you hatched any chicks from her? I'm curious to know what their feathering looks like. I haven't bred my boy yet (well, tried but none of the eggs hatched).

She certainly looks a lot better. How wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom