American serama thread!

i will remember to try hers.. (zoomummy).. that is not where i got mine, but it was from here. the oeg hens i bought were not passed as seramas, i knew what they were... he was so lonely, it didnt matter what they were, i just wanted him to enjoy the spring, since he spent all winter in a cage in my bathtub.

Quote:
If you don't have any luck with the eggs, there will probably be a lot of people here selling hens and shipping them, as soon as the weather cools off (September?).

Shipping alone will probably cost about $55, so you'll probably want to buy 2 or 3 hens. I suspect there will be decent birds available in all price ranges.

the eggs i bought were from here, but not from zoomummzy... i will remember that and in a month or so i will try some of hers... mine were from VA.... and nobody tried to pass the OEG hens as seramas, i knew what they were. he was so lonely after spending the winter in my bathtub, that i wanted him to enjoy spring, and not be alone anymore.. i just bought the smallest hens i could find... now i have 20 tiny chickens that im not sure what to do with... not in it for $$ just want them to have good homes...

Quote:
Hi! This is Reese the Lakewood, Ohio Chicken Freedom fighter! lol! Thank you all so much for the help. I refuse to let Lakewood ignorance get in the way of the joy of owning chickens! Neither should you ChickenAddict! Start fighting that stupid law!

If you want to get a good start of seramas go over to SCNA forum and bid on eggs Jerry has listed... 3 dozen and they are up to 150.00 right now.. He is throwing in some paint silkie eggs which are very rare in U.S.

I bought eggs from him and had good luck hatching them and also got a paint and a black silkie. Her is a pic. of the paint showgirl which Jerry said was worth the price alone of all eggs. They are pure dutch.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I posted pics. of my hatch also there and my name is lilchick same as on here. I recently bought some hens from SCNA forum member named Bobby317. He got his start from Jerry, Grady and Dianne.

I plan on keeping the best and starting my own line of Serama's.

They will be called Laughner's Little Bits. check out this tiny little guy which came from a duckwing egg.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote:
Hi, Look under hatching and Breeding.
smile.png

Sandy

that little peep is so tiny !! how sweet... thank you for all the direction, im hoping out of the 17 eggs i got i will get a hen.. 2 would be great... i dont think i would have a little hen shipped, that would seem so stressful to me.. and i could see me telling my bf i spent 150 plus on eggs... not saying they arent worth it... i will keep you posted on my hatch... any advice on that would be appreciated... i set them july 28.

Back
Top Bottom