American serama thread!

look's ok has a nice tail set and a decent chest . look's a little long in the back . find a hen that has a short back and good type and that would be a good start and just cull hard and keep the best . good luck and most of all just enjot them they are great birds !
Quote:

Last edited:
Quote:
fl.gif
You'll do great! Did you ever get down to Grady's?

Quote:
fl.gif
You'll do great! Did you ever get down to Grady's?

Not yet. Have get another pen set up first lol. I put the white leghorns in the pen I had the seramas in.

Hey, is 57% humidity ok?

Last edited:
Well, I'm in a dry climate, and I started mine at 45-50%, then bumped it up to 70-75% the last 3 days. I had to watch closely, the last few days, because my ambient humidity is only like 20-30%, so it would drop fast, if I didn't keep the extra sponges wet. You're in a whole different climate than me, so I'd ask folks near you for their advice.

Are you hand turning? or using a auto turner? Fat side up, pointy side down right?

Oh pleeeeeeaze everyone, post more pics! I'm having trouble feeding my new Serama addiction until I can get some of my own!!!!They're seriously crack for chicken lovers!

Sorry if this its a repeat post but didn't see where the first one posted.

Normal ambient humidity in my house is around 45%. Using auto turner for the LF but will probably hand turn the seramas. Yes, fat end up.

Quote:
Any SouthEasterners want to chime in? I am a Southern CA native born here and never left, I know nothing of East Coast humidity... or snow, or rain....or freezing temperatures.... I'm pretty much a wuss. LOL.
lau.gif

Quote:
Any SouthEasterners want to chime in? I am a Southern CA native born here and never left, I know nothing of East Coast humidity... or snow, or rain....or freezing temperatures.... I'm pretty much a wuss. LOL.
lau.gif

It's down to 44% this am, and 99.7. I hope it will just stay that way. Not sure why it would change that much since it's in a closed room.

Woo Hoo! My chocolate silkied girl is on her way! One of June's babies. I am so excited and anxious! I can't wait to get her out of that box!

Still working my way thru this entire thread. On page 220.

Back
Top Bottom