American serama thread!

Quote:
there are two chocolate dilutes... fawn/dun and choc-...

fawn breeds just like blue... fawn to black makes black and fawn, fawn to fawn makes black fawn and khaki (splash)... fawn keeps getting lighter and lighter chocolate... ends up looking like coffee color if you keep diluting it...

choc- is different... males need two two copies of the genes like self blue and hens only need one copy... so males can be split to choc, but hens can't... a rooster that is split to choc- will make choc- hens... choc- split rooster with a choc- hen will make 100% choc- offspring... choc- dilutes overtime as well, but not as fast as fawn/dun...

you can also activate the fawn/dun coloration when playing with recessive white and blue dilute... it has been documented a couple of times... but it it's kind of rare and hardly ever happens...

Quote:

fawn breeds just like blue... fawn to black makes black and fawn, fawn to fawn makes black fawn and khaki (splash)... fawn keeps getting lighter and lighter chocolate... ends up looking like coffee color if you keep diluting it...

choc- is different... males need two two copies of the genes like self blue and hens only need one copy... so males can be split to choc, but hens can't... a rooster that is split to choc- will make choc- hens... choc- split rooster with a choc- hen will make 100% choc- offspring... choc- dilutes overtime as well, but not as fast as fawn/dun...

you can also activate the fawn/dun coloration when playing with recessive white and blue dilute... it has been documented a couple of times... but it it's kind of rare and hardly ever happens...

I'm dizzy now ... Crap how do you keep all this straight??
tongue.png

Quote:

tongue.png

study study study...

I have a notebook with chapters to keep organized
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

tongue.png

Quote:

Thanks Gumbii.....I was just curious cuz my Brownii's blk feathers are turning chocolaty. Btw, I like how Jose's rooster turns out, he is gorgeous!!!

Quote:

Now THIS is the stuff I need to know!!!! THANK YOU!.

Quote:

Thanks Gumbii.....I was just curious cuz my Brownii's blk feathers are turning chocolaty. Btw, I like how Jose's rooster turns out, he is gorgeous!!!

him too..?

hmm...

well, he does have some recessive white in him.... but really, i don't know what causes black to bronze out into chocolate... kate recently had a rooster that clearly had both chocolate and black feathers all over his body... how can you have only half of your black feathers diluted..? that's a trip...

just got backonline ..new computer for the b-day ,,, i have a few pics of this years hatch now they are growin up, this one im gonna take to inverness show next mo, he is almost 6 mo old now, starting to molt, just my luck first time i started working with him,,,will add more pics of others im thinkin of takin and a few will be listed in auction area..

138.jpg

Back
Top Bottom