American serama thread!

Well I am some 300 posts behind. there is NO WAY to get caught up.  Sorry.
Hi Froggie:  See you are on here. Bumble is still a horrible spoiled rotten brat. She is worse than my 4 ankle biters (dogs).

Okay, I have some 40 serama babies (all different ages) that I need to pick from to narrow them down to my breeding trios (maybe quads?). Are 3 hens too much for 1 roo?

Fortunately, for everyone...I will most likely keep all through the winter and let them grow up. I will make any final decisions in the spring. I am getting ready to divide boys and girls into large grow out pens. What do you think of this?

Unfortunately I have almost equal boys/girls. So I will be able to keep approximately 6 roos and then however many ladies I can have for them. There will be miscellaneous pens for singles.

Hi 4312!!! Yeah, I prowl BYC alot.....I do miss it......YOU GO BUMBLE!!!! RULE THE ROOST! How about a picture of the brat????
I don't think 3 hens for one roo is too many. But best ask the roo....:oops: I know the hens will be thanking ya! :celebrate

Would you believe I still have only 13 birds?? Do alot of rehoming, so sometimes I have more but like my lucky 13....:yesss:

Here are some updated pics of my little chick. She/He is doing great. No pasty butt or any other problems. Already almost double the size it was at hatching. Boy do they grow up fast!

This morning having a little snuggle time.

Another to show size reference.

And then we took a nap.

Here are some updated pics of my little chick. She/He is doing great. No pasty butt or any other problems. Already almost double the size it was at hatching. Boy do they grow up fast!

This morning having a little snuggle time.

Another to show size reference.

And then we took a nap.

Awwww!
love.gif

Thought I would post pictures of my brats. lol They are a month old (hatched the 4th of July), 1 chick is a month and a week old. I'm very suprised at how easy they are to tame compared to my Cochin and silkie chicks I've had. I can't wait until they grow up so I can start working with them on posing.

Thought I would post pictures of my brats. lol They are a month old (hatched the 4th of July), 1 chick is a month and a week old. I'm very suprised at how easy they are to tame compared to my Cochin and silkie chicks I've had. I can't wait until they grow up so I can start working with them on posing.

Such adorable brat! Yep, when they hit that one month date they turn into respectable citizens! They get SO friendly .....

Quote:Hi 4312!!! Yeah, I prowl BYC alot.....I do miss it......YOU GO BUMBLE!!!! RULE THE ROOST! How about a picture of the brat????
I don't think 3 hens for one roo is too many. But best ask the roo....
hide.gif
I know the hens will be thanking ya!
celebrate.gif

Would you believe I still have only 13 birds?? Do alot of rehoming, so sometimes I have more but like my lucky 13....
yesss.gif
Hey Froggie: I will try to post a photo of the brat. I have been throwing her outside during the day to do some "free ranging" when no one else is out or it is just babies out - ones she can bully. There have been times we have gone out, she comes running and informs us that it is just too warm for her delicate complection and to let her "BACK INTO THE A/C HOUSE". .... She promptly jumps up the 3 steps, dodges dogs, and waits for the door to be opened for her. If you do not do it fast enough she WILL look at you - I swear she glares. LOL. But she does prefer her A/C. The other day we had been gone all day and she had been outside. It was early evening. I went to find her and call her in, she was sitting on the window sill (outside) waiting to be let in. She is a prima donna.

Back
Top Bottom