American serama thread!

Quote:
clap.gif
I will let her know. You may not have ever seen bumble. She is average looking...mottled black and white. But here she is finishing off a bowl of cereal. Please note the dog "waiting" her turn. LOL. Bumble rules.

She's adorable!

None of my birds are SQ either. They're just cute and spoiled. everyone loves them!

Percilla, who loves her Better chedars and won't give up until she gets them!

Charles in his diaper and harness and sitting in the Serama Chair. Nobody sits in it, it's their chair.
LOL. Beautiful birds...I am not the only crazy chicken lady. They look well loved.

Ahh, I don't remember seeing any of your birds other then some sort of coco... I've been looking for a nice pair so I can get in on the Wheaton project, just can't afford to pay an arm and a leg so it may be a while before I get a pair. I would also like to get in on the Chequer but would like to get Wheatons first. (Or the birds to get started making Wheatons) Oh and pumpkin, I have a lot of colors I want lol. Good thing I will still have my Seramas that won't be in a breeding project so I can still get all the cool colors.

Quote:
clap.gif
I will let her know. You may not have ever seen bumble. She is average looking...mottled black and white. But here she is finishing off a bowl of cereal. Please note the dog "waiting" her turn. LOL. Bumble rules.

She's adorable!

None of my birds are SQ either. They're just cute and spoiled. everyone loves them!

Percilla, who loves her Better chedars and won't give up until she gets them!

Charles in his diaper and harness and sitting in the Serama Chair. Nobody sits in it, it's their chair.
LOL. Beautiful birds...I am not the only crazy chicken lady. They look well loved.
Certainly they are well loved! Nice not to be the only crazy chicken lady around, isn't it!

Last edited:
What would you look for in Serama chicks that were between 2 days to 5 days old??  Are there any attributes that appear in chicks that young to look for??

Sheila :)

Well first off it would be CUTNESS OVERLOAD! When they hit the 2 week mark to can see more personality come out ....like tail always stuck high or standing tall, boldness those sort of things. A real personality and interest in the world outside of Moms protective wings starts showing at about 4 weeks. Hope that helps.....:jumpy

Thank you Susan, that does help a lot. I realize that it is a young age, to look for anything, but was hoping that there would be something to look at/for. So for that age, just go with cute- maybe color- and wait for the rest to develop.

I will be asking more questions about the chicks, as they grow, so really appreciate your feedback!

Thank you Susan, that does help a lot.  I realize that it is a young age, to look for anything, but was hoping that there would be something to look at/for.  So for that age, just go with cute- maybe color- and wait for the rest to develop.

I will be asking more questions about the chicks, as they grow, so really appreciate your feedback!

YUP, Just enjoy their little/silly antics we call it "Brooder TV" and wait...you will notice almost over night the changes that happen... do you have them w/ a hen or not?
In a brooder situation it is really really great to have something for them to climb over / under just like a real MAMA Hen.

THANK YOU!!! No, it will only be chicks. I will make sure that they have something- right away- to go over/under.
Wish I had done that with my Silkie chicks- when I got them- as they (at 3 weeks old now) are acting like the branch, and other little things, are going to bite them and will cluster as far away from it as they can.

Please keep passing on these tips!!

I usually put a little teddybear in there for them when they are younger, less than 2 weeks. When they get to be about 2 weeks old I add sticks, blocks, and other thngs for them. They get more active at this age and like to spend all day climbing and playing on the jungle gym. They also begin wanting to roost at this age.

Not my brooder, but this is really cool one and a good example.

I usually put a little teddybear in there for them when they are younger, less than 2 weeks. When they get to be about 2 weeks old I add sticks, blocks, and other thngs for them. They get more active at this age and like to spend all day climbing and playing on the jungle gym. They also begin wanting to roost at this age. Not my brooder, but this is really cool one and a good example.
Now THIS is totally cool!!!!! :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom